How to attach Thule Rack to Venter Trailer

Ryan

Hi guys. Wanting to attach Thule rack with Pro Rides to 7 ft Venter GTE Trailer. Which foot pack or adaptor can I use. I see there is an adaptor bracket at 4x4 Megworld. Wo dering if its not possible to mount rack directly to lid? Please share pics if you have done this thanks Ryan 

Edited by Ryan

You would need to get the steel frame for your lid. Can make it or get it from Venter. Best would be have it made then you can line your cross pieces with the Proride.

Your Prorides then attach to the frame with U-Bolts.

The only problem i have with trailer mounted bikes is the vibration and bouncing from the trailer.

Not sure if others have had a problem but a trailer seems to to transmit a lot of road vibration.

13 minutes ago, Barry said:

The only problem i have with trailer mounted bikes is the vibration and bouncing from the trailer.

Not sure if others have had a problem but a trailer seems to to transmit a lot of road vibration.

Yes agree.  Mostly the suspension on trailers are "crude" at best, hence it bounce & shake a lot more than it would on your car.  I still prefer a towbar mount or roof bike rack.  Or if possible. inside the car even better.

Edited by TheoG

2 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Yes agree.  Mostly the suspension on trailers are "crude" at best, hence it bounce & shake a lot more than it would on your car.  I still prefer a towbar mount or roof bike rack.  Or if possible. inside the car even better.

Fully agree.

IF the trailer is the only option .... lower tire pressures helps to reduce the bounce .... but require constant adjustment as the load changes ...

The other option is a few bags of sand to weigh down the trailer.

Hi Ryan,

Thule make gutter mount adaptors you can bolt onto the trailer but you would need the gutter mount footpack as well. I would not mount more than 3 bikes. As has been mentioned the Prorides still bounce around a lot, my daughters bike took more than just paint off my bikes seat tube!

image.png.9a63f1a988f6731487cccaed27f7dee4.png

12 minutes ago, dylanvdm said:

Hi Ryan,

Thule make gutter mount adaptors you can bolt onto the trailer but you would need the gutter mount footpack as well. I would not mount more than 3 bikes. As has been mentioned the Prorides still bounce around a lot, my daughters bike took more than just paint off my bikes seat tube!

Thanls for the info. Will make enquiries. Was wondering if anyone attached them direct to lid? 

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:
16 minutes ago, dylanvdm said:

Hi Ryan,

Thanls for the info. Will make enquiries. Was wondering if anyone attached them direct to lid? 

I would not go that route as the sheet metal is thin and flexable. Maybe if you could reinforce it somehow from inside.