Bike Registration

Adw1015

I bought a Merida. At the bottom of the frame there is a QR code and its serial number. Can I use it to register the bike somewhere? 

Edited by Adw1015

4 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

That link takes me to Merida Australia's website. They ask for the state, store I'm Australia and even the sales person. I was wondering if I can register it as a South African. 

At the bottom of the frame there is a QR code and its serial number -

This is the correct serial number, but as mine is a sticker it has already started fading from washing after 6 months. You will have to cover it with clear plastic coating like the stuff you use to protect the frame.

I could not find any way to register the bike for south africa, and the link sent is for Australia, of which you can't select Gauteng, or Western cape in the drop down, so I doubt it can be used.

I do know warranty is done through your LBS and it goes to the below people in South Africa

CYTEK CYCLE DISTRIBUTOR CC
Headquarters: South Africa
Phone: +27-21-8520509
Fax: +27-21-8519562

info@merida.co.za

4 hours ago, Swift01 said:

At the bottom of the frame there is a QR code and its serial number -

This is the correct serial number, but as mine is a sticker it has already started fading from washing after 6 months. You will have to cover it with clear plastic coating like the stuff you use to protect the frame.

I could not find any way to register the bike for south africa, and the link sent is for Australia, of which you can't select Gauteng, or Western cape in the drop down, so I doubt it can be used.

I do know warranty is done through your LBS and it goes to the below people in South Africa

CYTEK CYCLE DISTRIBUTOR CC
Headquarters: South Africa
Phone: +27-21-8520509
Fax: +27-21-8519562

info@merida.co.za

Awesome, thanks for the info!