[Event] Emperors Palace Classic 2022

Events Bot

2 hours ago, Underachiever said:

I'm moving back to Vets group as soon as I'm strong enough.  Nearly there.  Much safer, smaller bunches and most are ex Pro's/80's amateurs.  They have bike and bunch skills.

The open groups are crazy, been like that for quite a few years now.  The guys are strong and fit, but bike handling skills and peleton "rules" are non existent.  If you don't ride close to the front, your chance of a fall is massive.  Especially on these easy and flat races.  I was lucky to miss the big fall in BL at 70km.  I was in the top 30, sense it was too risky and moved to top 10.  Fall happened a few mins after.

Getting too old for this... 

Hope to see you there again, I miss the racing and the camaraderie. Taking your life into your own hands in the open seeded. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, jcza said:

Hope to see you there again, I miss the racing and the camaraderie. Taking your life into your own hands in the open seeded. 

Yep, next good opportunity JC.  See you there!!!!

Most riders seems unfazed by the open seeded chaos. I'm too afraid and OCD, and too old of course. 

I cannot even try to contemplate another serious fall and another comeback to full race fitness.

Edited by Underachiever