Slipping gears

Jeorje

On 2/27/2022 at 6:53 AM, BaGearA said:

PM me

IMG_20220227_065240.jpg

Where are you based?I had to order from Capetown? 

Here's my old gear for reference....it really doesn't look bad even by eye against the new 1 but you guys were on the money...arrived yesterday tested this am thanks gents.

20220303_074124.jpg

On 2/27/2022 at 6:53 AM, BaGearA said:

PM me

IMG_20220227_065240.jpg

Out of interest, can you get these kits for Shimano 11 Speed Road Cassettes as well?

I don't need anything now but when my cassette wears out it's always those 2 cogs that are the problem.

14 minutes ago, KingZA said:

Out of interest, can you get these kits for Shimano 11 Speed Road Cassettes as well?

I don't need anything now but when my cassette wears out it's always those 2 cogs that are the problem.

Not sure Cool heat barely have any stock now and its more the cheap stuff that they do have some stock of 

Hoods for road shifters for example are nowhere to be found and I get calls about them daily 

Hi guys. Not sure if this will help with your specific case but I had a random issue of a good condition drivetrain that ran perfectly (GX chain, derailleur and cassette) starting so slip badly after I did a thorough cleaning taking everything off and putting pack. After spending hours at the bike shop trying all sorts of things, we came to the conclusion that I needed a new cassette. 

Me not wanting to spend R4500 on something that I knew was still pretty much new started doing some more research and eventually found someone else with the same issue. 

Long story short. Sram Chains are not directional, Shimano chains are directional. BUT Some Quicklinks are also directional. 

Once I flipped my quick link around gears were back to their perfect self! 

So just maybe also check if the quick link on the Shimano chain is fitted the right way around.