[Event] Fedhealth Magalies Monster MTB Classic 2022

Events Bot

Event Name: Fedhealth Magalies Monster MTB Classic 2022
When: 04/06/2022
Where: ATKV Buffelspoort, , Lapologang, North West
Category: Mountain Bike

This year marks the 19th edition of the Magaliesberg’s most iconic one-day mountain bike race, the Fedhealth Magalies Monster MTB Classic.

Renowned for both its on and off route experience, the Fedhealth Magalies Monster MTB Classic routes provide all the hallmarks of a truly South African mountain bike race featuring the necessary ingredients that a quality mountain bike race should have, namely a great setting, spectacular scenery, technically challenging sections with unique single track and a fantastic atmosphere as you ride through an area that was formed 2 billion years ago.

After conquering “The Monster”, riders can look forward to relaxing in the Festival Village where they will be treated to massages while enjoying an ice-cold drink and indulging in a scrumptious meal.

Go to Event Page.

• 1 month later...

Once again the mother of marathon events was hard as always but always satisfying .The unprepared bled !For the prepared it was a tough day out .Weather and scenery could not have been better

Aaand, once again those responsible for entries/timing mess thing up.......eish....😠....arrive there, they unable to find my entry/number.............give me a new number..........not on the finisher results..............eish....😒

My first Monster was back in 2004 and I have always kept coming back but after this year I am not so sure. The registration was a mess, self seeding didn't work as I was in a bottle neck after 2km and the first 1km(neutral zone) was inside the resort!

Prize money was advertised for all the categories but they only gave the overall top 3. Wat about the promise you made?

Results was in shambles, the commissaire couldn't sign off the results as he didn't deem it fair. They struggled to confirm who was E-bikes and who was not. They could confirm 2 E-bikes in the top 20. Riders were swearing at the e-bikes as the came flying past us on the hills. I don't understand why you want to ride an e-bike at the front of the race if you are more than capable than finish the race on a normal bike?

This is high profile event with big sponsors, the MC was hired from the Cape. Its clear to see that the financials are not as bad as other smaller races but their performance is shocking, I had a better experience at smaller races that turned over every cent to make the event happen. 

Like I said before it's a shame the event is going backwards. It looks more like the organisers are only in it for the money and has no regard for us riders. Rant over.