[Event] Rooibos2Muisbos 2022

Events Bot

Event Name: Rooibos2Muisbos 2022
When: 30/07/2022
Where: Bergendal, , Citrusdal, Citrusdal, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

Rooibos2Muisbos is a 1-day Mountain Biking event which will take place on 30 July 2022.

There will be three distances, a 100km route a 55km route and a 30km route.

The scenic routes passes over many privately owned farms and is non-technical.

It is suitable for mountain-, gravel- and e-bikes.

Please take note that the 100km is recommended for the experienced longer distance riders.

Go to Event Page.

• 3 weeks later...

Jis Waldo.

Best is to setup accommodation in Lamberts Bay and organize transport to Citrusdal early morning. 120km away. Or you can sleep in Citrusdal and organize transport back from Lamberts Bay to Citrusdal after the race. 

Last year there was a bus with a trailer transporting riders and bikes from Lamberts Bay early the morning

Just remember that you need to register/check in a day or 2 before at Citrusdal personally to get your goodie bag

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, Joshrides said:

Anyone doing this?

I’d like to but it’s a darn long way to go for a 55km ride with 285m elevation gain.

might be persuaded to join a loft club if any are looking for an extra rider

I need to organize a lift from the finish to start  of the 100km ( with space for the bike )  any one able to help?

Got my start time as 8:45... website says "from 8:30"

Does this means I am seeded B or C batch?

Despite the initial forecast, conditions were set for FAST times. First few guys all got in under 3 hours! Addition of 55km was great, we have been asking for a medium distance for two years now. If I have to nitpick here, it could be just a bit longer? 

Sadly the goodie bag just gets smaller every year and it is actually quite dissapointing now.

My wife's official time is also still not included on the list. Will check again tomorrow

It is a nice race, but getting the logistics right makes for careful planning, you will need a driver or you have to stay in Lamberts Bay (end destination) and make use of the shuttle service

Good route and waterpoints on the 100km route. 'Goodie bag' was a brown envelope with the number board.

Booked the R500 shuttle service which was a disaster, had to find a lift back to the start to go fetch my car when it was clear at 17:00 that the organizer completely mismanaged the process. Getting a refund will be a painful process by the look of things.

The above and it's just too far from Cape Town to make the effort again unfortunately.

58 minutes ago, Dirt De Vil said:

Good route and waterpoints on the 100km route. 'Goodie bag' was a brown envelope with the number board.

Booked the R500 shuttle service which was a disaster, had to find a lift back to the start to go fetch my car when it was clear at 17:00 that the organizer completely mismanaged the process. Getting a refund will be a painful process by the look of things.

The above and it's just too far from Cape Town to make the effort again unfortunately.

Despite this being one of the events in the WP XCM series, I skipped it. The Logistics were just too problematic. I think it would have been cheaper to drive to Knysna and back than participate in this event. Under current economic climate it's not an event I'd consider in future. Haven't heard any positive feedback yet :(