Eagle XX1/01 Cassette Core Replacement

Links MTB

Guys, has anyone successfully replaced the core inside a Eagle XX1/01 cassette? If so, would appreciate an explanation on the process followed please. I have a 1st generation XX1 cassette that had to be replaced prematurely because of broken mounting splines (long story) a few years ago - the replacement cassette is now nearing end of life and I was wondering if it won't be possible to remove its core, which has no broken splines, and use it to replace the core with the broken splines in the older cassette?  image.jpeg.78113c23c0e1add4fa3061ab3e667ec7.jpeg

Remove the snap ring in the old one and it’s sproings apart. Reassemble and replace the snap ring .

don’t break it or you’ll have two broken cassettes

Thanks! Excuse my ignorance but which part of the cassette is the "snap ring" and how do I remove it? I've looked at this cassette from all angles and IMO the only possible way to get into the cassette is by somehow removing the 50T cog, which seems to be pressfit mounted onto the 42T cog. 

Edited by Links MTB