Dura ace 10sp crank blades.

Dewald

5a4e47efaa03a__39149.1515113101.jpg.af7827352cf9c000c9a5c6bdf363268b.jpgGood day.  Is it possible to replace my 53/39 Dura Ace 10 sp  with 50/34 on the same spider, and who would be able to supply blades ?

Thank you.

Suspect you'll be hard-pushed to find compact chainrings for a 130 bcd crank.

Newer Shimano cranks are 110 bcd with 53/39 and 50/34 rings both fitting that standard.

33 minutes ago, Dewald said:

5a4e47efaa03a__39149.1515113101.jpg.af7827352cf9c000c9a5c6bdf363268b.jpgGood day.  Is it possible to replace my 53/39 Dura Ace 10 sp  with 50/34 on the same spider, and who would be able to supply blades ?

Thank you.

Nope, u need 110BCD spider, old 5 arm shimano , I swopped mine out for Tiagra 

I was able to swap my DA 53/39 for an Ultegra 50/34. I don't think there were many 10 speed DA compacts around.  If you buy a crank - new or second hand - get one that takes the new blades.  5 bolt chain rings are not that freely available and supply will only get worse.

Appreciate the advice. It does not have to be Dura Ace, all I want is any type of 50/34 blades that will fit Ultegra will be great if available?

Dura Ace 7800 only came in 130 bcd

thus a 50/34 will not fit.

I actually looking for a 7800 crank to complete one of my vintage builds...

and have a spare compact crank (110 bcd) but unfortunately it is not a Dura Ace 😔

Hi Mongoose. Can you give me more info on the crankset you have.  If I can't get blades for my crank looks like my only option will be to get a 50/34 complete crankset with the same type bottom bracket. Thx.

Thx mate. Looks like I'll have to replace the complete crankset to get a 50/34. Anyone out there have one available please let me know. Thx.

The alternative is to replace your cassette? Though there would be limitations in how large you can go - depending on your derailleur. However, even this can be overcome with a Wolftooth Roadlink: https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/drivetrain-1/products/roadlink

I originally had 52/39 cranks, but wanted 52/36, which was not possible without replacing my crank. So went 52/38 and put on a larger cassette at the back to give me the desired ratio.

Sheldon Brown can help with this calc: https://www.sheldonbrown.com/gear-calc.html

Edited by Smartie

27 minutes ago, Dewald said:

Thx mate. Looks like I'll have to replace the complete crankset to get a 50/34. Anyone out there have one available please let me know. Thx.

Touch base with Mongoose. (see post above)

Perhaps you two can work out something.

4 hours ago, Mongoose! said:

Dura Ace 7800 only came in 130 bcd

thus a 50/34 will not fit.

I actually looking for a 7800 crank to complete one of my vintage builds...

and have a spare compact crank (110 bcd) but unfortunately it is not a Dura Ace 😔

I have a 53...39 if you are interested? DURA ACE

21 minutes ago, Dewald said:

Then I will have two. I need a 50/34 Thx.

only one if we swop ... (with cash difference depending on condition of yours and arm 🙃 )