Bib Shorts

JJDT

On 10/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, JJDT said:

I'm in the market for new shorts and I was looking at the Ciovita range. I do have a budget of R2k and was looking at Corsa range of Ciovita. I have used the Anotomic bib shorts in the past with no issues and currently after two years using the Platinum shorts of Anatomic, I think it is time for new bib shorts.

How does the Anatomic Platinum shorts compare to the Ciovita Corsa shorts apart from price?

I have been riding Anatomic Platinums for the past 15 years and decided to give the Ciovita Apex Scudo a go in 2019. The Ciovita is a brilliant piece and sits oh so sweet, BUT the Anatomic is better. Anatomic uses a gel pad design where Ciovita does not(or did not when I bought mine). I find the Ciovita fits better. The Anatomic however seems to protect the essentials for much longer. Majority of testing time was spent on many DC's, TB's, Half 36ONE's and a few Hundred milers.

Had a nasty fall a couple of years ago and Anatomic patched up my bib free of charge. Had the leg grippers also replaced recently - free of charge. I paid for the shipping to their factory in Parys(FS) on both occasions. Visited an Anatomic stall at Rheebokskloof the other day and I was pleasantly surprised at how low their prices seemed after having purchased a bib many years ago. 

Ciovita is good and they are local, but I will go for Anatomic.

Good luck

If you are very large or small, there are some stupidly good deals on castelli bibs on their website currently. Very good quality, just go a size up when you order as they are a small cut.

Edited by dave303e