Sand Forest Cottages and Hluhluwe

Wow, just got back from an incredible few days riding in Hluhluwe. We stayed with Dave Veldman at Sand Forest Cottages, he's an ex-game ranger and lodge manager who is a great mtb guide too. 

We spent day 1 riding through Bonamanzi Game Reserve and some of the trails in the area. Day 2 started in the False Bay Reserve riding some spectacular trail through the forests and along the False Bay shoreline. 

We rode about 50km on both days, but there are options for less or more, depending on your needs/wants 

Unfortunately it was too wet to ride the trails along the Hluhluwe River called 'Hippo Highway'. This is trail that follows hippo trails through the bush along the river. Quite amazing and very different to riding anywhere else really.

Lots of options to stop for lunch or a cold beer too.

Get in touch with Dave if you'd like to organise a trip up there. He also arranged a game drive for us in Bayala Reserve one evening which was brilliant.

They have self-catering chalets and are really nicely positioned to access the riding there.

Dave Veldman: +27 83 651 8289

DM me if you have any queries or would like more info.

IMG_20221031_102654_483.jpg

IMG_20221031_102654_549.jpg

IMG_20221031_102654_603.jpg

IMG_20221031_102654_680.jpg

IMG-20221030-WA0058.jpg

IMG-20221030-WA0052.jpg

Edited by andyrtmorgan