20" Kids bike

Sir Doogle

I am getting my boy an upgrade for his 5th birthday from a jd bug balance bike with the add on the pedals, he rides well on it but its too small and he struggles on hills. We are skipping the 16" bike as he can pedal well already.

For a 20" bike what are your thoughts on the Scott Roxter vs the Titan Hades bikes? The Specialized is too expensive to warrant. Any other suggestions?

https://www.scott-sports.com/za/en/product/scott-roxter-20-bike-raw-alloy

https://titanracingbikes.com/bikes/hades-20-disc/

https://titanracingbikes.com/bikes/hades-20-se/

The Scott is R7.7K so it is between the Hades Disk R6k and the SE R9k in pricing. 
The Scott is the lightest of the bunch as it has a rigid fork. 

We mostly ride road and gravel, nothing too gnarly.

Edited by Sir Doogle

My son(5.5 years)got the Titan Hades SE this afternoon.

Very nice bike, impressed!!!

The components are well thought out, super shock, very smooth and it works even for his 23kg weight. Gears shifts is easy, he never had gears, around the block and sorted.

Brakes is powerfull, more than he is used to, coming from Norco with v brakes. Could not find that the brake levers can be adjusted.

Bikes reach is quite long…definitely going to replace the setback seatpost with straight seatpost.

More than satisfied and can recommend.

1 hour ago, DJuice said:

My son(5.5 years)got the Titan Hades SE this afternoon.

Very nice bike, impressed!!!

The components are well thought out, super shock, very smooth and it works even for his 23kg weight. Gears shifts is easy, he never had gears, around the block and sorted.

Brakes is powerfull, more than he is used to, coming from Norco with v brakes. Could not find that the brake levers can be adjusted.

Bikes reach is quite long…definitely going to replace the setback seatpost with straight seatpost.

More than satisfied and can recommend.

What he said.

My son also has an SE, I got it for a bargain and worth every cent imo.

The parts are quality. I reckon I could ride the thing and not break it.

I did have to put a shorter stem and zero setback seatpost though, he's also just turned 5.

The gears are superb. Great range and as crisp as my GX.

I would recommend you look for secondhand. Kids grow so fast that you are replacing every 18 month to two years. If you buy second hand, you getting an almost new bike at around 50 % of the cost of new and you in for maintenance expenses until your kid needs a bigger bike. At which point you sell and hardly lose any capital.