TACX Flux S vs TACX Flux 2 vs SARIS H3

Vish999

12 hours ago, Vish999 said:

Wahoo Kickr 3 is just under 20k so out of my budget. The classifieds have plenty of Wahoo for sale thats in my budget but they are gen1 and gen2. Lots of issues on the web around grinding noise on flywheel. Seems to be bearings.

No... the kickr 5 sells for around R20k. You cant buy a kickr 3 new as far as I know. They go used R10-R12k. Should be on the hub.

I still think I'd go Saris H3 at the current prices..

Good luck! Happy hunting! Sure all of them will do the job

On 11/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, Vish999 said:

Thanks. Decided on the Flux S. Getting it at R9800 and fetching tomorrow. See you on Zwift :)

Interested to find out how you like the Flux? I intend replacing my problem Hammer with a Kickr, but my mate is pushing the Tacx. What do you recommend? 

49 minutes ago, ians H2Sport said:

Interested to find out how you like the Flux? I intend replacing my problem Hammer with a Kickr, but my mate is pushing the Tacx. What do you recommend? 

Hey. Used it 3 times and covered about 50km. It works great and very smooth. I'm using the Tacx premium software that gives you a month's subscription free. I don't notice much of a delay on the climbs. The one thing I world have loved is the freewheel on downhill. This trainer doesn't come with it, so flying downhill at 60km/h will still allow you to push the pedal making it very unrealistic. Something I can live with. Happy with my purchase. 

BTW - if you in Josies, check out Hotspotcycles.they have it for R9899. Best price I found. Awesome service as well. Ask for Mouritz.