Mudguards are not .

FirstV8

With Gautengs rainy season starting again i i decided to invest in a set of mudguards for my daily Urban Sprawl  Monson . I settled on a pair i found at Decathlon for R280 . I thought if they don't work as i would like i have not spent much and can pass them on to someone . They have brackets front and back and the mudguard can be unclipped in seconds if you don't need them on for a dry day ride . I have not ridden a bike with mudguards on since the age of 12 so it was weird not seeing the front wheel . Well it was a pleasure this morning not having water spray up my back , filling my shorts with water and sand and a lot less water on my legs and shoes . My opinion is yes on tar , pavements and a little off road . I think if you go totally off road into the fields the mud will really stick and render those mudguards useless  . 

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5234.jpg

IMG_5235.jpg

I have mudguards on my mtb. It works like a dream. Ride the RTP and other muddy races with them. No mud on me, front and back. Other people were covered in it. Just don’t stick them too close to the tyres. 2-4 cm clearance is enough. Too high and mud will start to spread and you will get some of it.