Bike Check: Abdullah Zeinab's Rhino Run winning Curve GXR

Bike Hub Features

We watched the dots, and the thrilling race between Abdullah Zeinab and Kevin Benkenstein at the inaugural Rhino Run. Then we heard from Benky about his experience and bike setup. Now we’re taking a look at the race-winning bike, and hearing from the victor and ultra-endurance weapon, Abdullah Zeinab.  Sometimes a picture says a thousand words. […]

View full article

Congrats on a great ride and perseverance in the chase!

Did you ever run out of water? Seems @Benky carried a lot more water.

With what did you refuel on the road?

AZ - what a race.

Either your race winning strategy was perfect or perfect fluke, but you get to decide! In hindsight would you have rested more, or are you happy with the very limited sleep timing you followed? 

@DJuice i never ran out of water but I got pretty close. After a while I began to tape bottles of water to my time trial bars and zip tie some bottles underneath them too. I would carry drinks in the back of my jersey and sometimes stuff some down it. Upon reflection I would try and add a few more bottle cages too my biker to allow for a few extra litres.

I fuelled with mostly drinks, bread, chips, nuts and hot food when I could get my hands on.

cheers,

Abdullah 

@Shebeen

I would have liked to have slept more. The first 3 days I checked into a hotel twice and was unable to get any rest so it really took a massive toll on my body. Once my body settled I was able to get a good nights rest at the boarder of South Africa and Namibia which made a huge difference.

Cheers,

Abdullah