Fox 34 SC - New Versus Old

ZXR

Anyone upgraded from the previous to the new model, other than the weight, is there any significant improvement in performance?

Much stiffer not that the old one was particularly bad 

I have maybe around 60/70km on the new one , much more on the old one 

There was a difference but not super noticeable 

1 hour ago, ZXR said:

Anyone upgraded from the previous to the new model, other than the weight, is there any significant improvement in performance?

I went from a 2013 Fox Float 32 CTD Factory (100mm) to the latest 34 SC (120mm).  For ME, the difference is chalk & cheese, massive.  I'm able to ride tech stuff that I wouldn't in the past.

All in all I ride with a lot more confidence now.  Sure, this is an unfair comparison since my previous fork is very old and out dated.

I have had the latest one for the last six months, I was running the FOX 100 Factory on my Giant, and then initially started with a 100mm Rockshox WC on my new bike and then upgraded to the 120mm SC. Gotta say it's a bit difficult to pin down fork vs different geometry on a bike vs changes due to the extra 20mm. But I do note it is a super stiff very progressive fork (I recently took out the token as I was finding it super hard and I was not using all of the travel). Not a straight up comparison, but I do agree with the above that it is a super confidence inspiring fork and I am riding bigger technical features and feeling very comfortable. Happy with the upgrade for sure, but it did take a bit of fiddling to get setup right probably because I had this expectation of it going to be super soft/plush ride. But once you start hitting more technical stuff it really shines!