Babsfontein for Mountain bikes

LBKloppers

I have noticed quite a number of cyclists around Babsfontein when I pass through. I would like to explore the area a bit. If I start in Babsfontein, where do I head out for a lekker exploring 30/40 km without transgressing onto private property and staying off the paved surfaces? a GPS file will be most welcome.

Anyone?

1 hour ago, LBKloppers said:

I have noticed quite a number of cyclists around Babsfontein when I pass through. I would like to explore the area a bit. If I start in Babsfontein, where do I head out for a lekker exploring 30/40 km without transgressing onto private property and staying off the paved surfaces? a GPS file will be most welcome.

Anyone?

A lot of those cyclists come from the East of Pretoria or Centurion area. We did the Cow&Bull training ride earlier this year and that gave us 90km of gravel from the east of Pta (Grootfontein mtb park) through Baps and back again. I cannot recall ever riding on private property. I'll share a gpx with you and you can just plan your route accordingly.

There are lot of groups that ride from Benoni on weekends and some weekdays  out past Bapsfontein and back to various starting points . Its all gravel jeep and single track through the agricultural areas avoiding private property .