MTB Wide Bar Angles

love2fly

I changed from a very straight bar (MTB) around 720mm and maybe 5 degree sweep to a Rapide 760 with I think it's 9 or so degrees, which feels extreme in comparison.

My issue is I always feel like my wrists are twisted inwards from the up sweep and would prefer something close to as straight as a broomstick. 

Am I wrong in how my wrists are feeling twisted?

Is there a reasonably priced 760 to 800w bar that's straighter than the Rapide?

Thanks in advance.

Good question this. It plays with my head as well. Also feels as if my wrists should be twisted more inward, but I don't know anymore. I got the carbon 760mm or is it the 780mm Rapides bar as well, think same as yours. Will check in the morning, but it's a good question, keen to see comments 

The bar has a sweep as most riders shoulders are narrower that 700 it's to compensate for your arms going outward. 

Find somewhere that supports you, sitting in your cycling position and roll the bar forward and backward to get a good comfortable hold. It could be that your bar is to far forward which would feel like it's twisting your wrist. 

PS. most bar's of that width will have a 9 degree sweep. I had a Thomson bar 730mm which has a 6 degree but have not seen a wider bar with similar. 

Edited by Me rida my bicycle