Ali express purchases

RedKross

36 minutes ago, Mongoose! said:

Anybody has experience with Speed Services (SAPO) and how customs duties etc. paying works?🤔

When you go to pick up your parcel, you pay the duties and vat at the counter. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, KB280DT said:

When you go to pick up your parcel, you pay the duties and vat at the counter. 

agge nee. Hoped for a door delivery and a driver who is equipped with a speed point machine 🙃 

Peep the description on these guys I screenshot the other day..! 😳😳🤣🤣 

dodge AF..🤦‍♂️

IMG_2653.png

SAPO tracking system is down at moment and only shows when it gets to Jetpark. I went to my local PO the other day to check if there was any update & they had 6 parcels waiting there for me. So check your local PO if its been a while since it landed in country. 

Last couple of Ali Express parcels got to me eventually. Four packages sent to three different post offices. One that only takes cash, one only card and the last one can do both. Takes at least two months and the tracking breaks down after the distribution center in town. Then the wait starts for the little notification paper in the post box.

So I have received everything eventually, but not worth the hassle for most things I would order from there. Especially with the seemingly random taxes added to the end.

I got a surprise this week after ordering something from Aliexpress 2 weeks ago, my local postoffice guy sent me a whatsapp with a pic of my parcel saying I can pick it up and pay R38. Thought for a second it was a scam but went there and got my parcel.

...... 2 weeks total, feel like I need to play the Lotto now

13 minutes ago, ChristiaanSt said:

I got a surprise this week after ordering something from Aliexpress 2 weeks ago, my local postoffice guy sent me a whatsapp with a pic of my parcel saying I can pick it up and pay R38. Thought for a second it was a scam but went there and got my parcel.

...... 2 weeks total, feel like I need to play the Lotto now

As a matter of interest, what are you buying from AliExpress? I've been using Temu without issue and wondering if there are things on AliExpress that Temu doesn't have.

2 hours ago, Razor1972 said:

I've been using Temu without issue and wondering if there are things on AliExpress that Temu doesn't have.

In my opinion its a "much of a muchness" between Temu and AliExpress. Might come down to price between the two with Temu perhaps offering bigger "discounts" than the much longer established AliExpress.

Where Temu has the edge on AliExpress is delivery times and having Buffalo couriers handling this side where deliveries are concerned. 

Although, I have been sent an article where SAPO had their right to exclusivity where distribution of small parcels are concerned, extended. Whether this can/will be enforced remains to be seen - especially with a lot of their branched having closed down, etc.

Edited by KB280DT

14 hours ago, Razor1972 said:

As a matter of interest, what are you buying from AliExpress? I've been using Temu without issue and wondering if there are things on AliExpress that Temu doesn't have.

AliExpress has way more variety in carbon stuff than Temo. Bars ; wheels frames etc. 

not sure if this is a good or a bad thing 🙃

Edited by Mongoose!

1 hour ago, Mongoose! said:

AliExpress has way more variety in carbon stuff than Temo. Bars ; wheels frames etc. 

not sure if this is a good or a bad thing 🙃

I had a look now and you are right. I see they even sell whole bicycles, which Temu definitely don't sell.

17 hours ago, Razor1972 said:

There's a R20 replacement part that I found on AliExpress that I cannot find anywhere else. Really need it but dont want to wait 3 months for it haha 🥴

On 6/7/2024 at 10:34 AM, NeverNotRolling said:

There's a R20 replacement part that I found on AliExpress that I cannot find anywhere else. Really need it but dont want to wait 3 months for it haha 🥴

check the same part on Temu, what i noticed its basically a AliExpress reseller with better couriers.