Ali express purchases

RedKross

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/22/2023 at 7:48 AM, throttles said:

I’ve used them for Garmin mounts and handlebars and stems.

takes a while to get here. I use normal post the courier option was quite expensive wrt cost of items bought. Sometimes it takes 4 weeks other times 7/8 weeks.

they have strict return/refund policy so QC your item when you receive it. I usually fit it asap and dispute if there’s anything not right.

I’ve received full refunds if I wasn’t happy with an item.

Interesting. What is the tax like when you receive the goods? I bought apparel once and the tax was the same amount as goods 😕

Logged into my Aramex profile with my desktop.

There is a chat service, and it is actually a real person - or brilliant A I  😜

A link was mailed to me to do the payment and once I logged into my phone app again it shows the amount was paid.

This is my first not so good experience wit A G S.

Hopefully they will sort out the bug on the app to allow payments again, before my next purchase. 

1 hour ago, Razor1972 said:

Interesting. What is the tax like when you receive the goods? I bought apparel once and the tax was the same amount as goods 😕

Clothing is 45% or 60% cant remeber

1 hour ago, Mongoose! said:

A link was mailed to me to do the payment and once I logged into my phone app again it shows the amount was paid.

Hopefully they will sort out the bug on the app to allow payments again, before my next purchase. 

Best is to get a reference (Ticket) on the app and then follow up on whatsapp. But all depends if you get a clued up operator or not

Edited by Phillippe Coetzee

3 hours ago, Razor1972 said:

For small parts like a mount or screws etc it was minimal. I don’t think it was more than 15/20% in total inclusive of vat.

My Son constantly orders stickers and those rainbow bolts (Those are quite good quality and pretty)

I think the most I ever paid the post office was maybe 10% of the invoice value which is quite good value for money...That being said we do small orders where I cant ever recall paying more than R300 for customs charges

I am more than willing to share some sellers that I have had very good experience with,thats if it is allowed on this platform

Edited by Shaheedalex

8 hours ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

Best is to get a reference (Ticket) on the app and then follow up on whatsapp. But all depends if you get a clued up operator or not

Nope. After two tickets and almost a week of ignorance (including their Whatsapp platform) it was quite frustrating.   

1 hour ago, shaper said:

They came up on my bookface feed - So was wondering the same thing - they have some really cool bicycle workshop tools and really well priced

On 2/12/2024 at 6:19 PM, Mongoose! said:

Received my tax amount today on a package, couldnt pay it. Called AGS thin its option 4 and then 2. Told the lady I need a payment link, 10 mins after the call I got it.  NOt sure why the previous time took 1 week to sort out but yeah it is what it is. All comes down to if your operator is operating 😂

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2024 at 7:57 AM, shaper said:

Just received my first package from them, exactly 10 days after placing order. They are running a free shipping promotion at the moment.

My AGS is still down, four months later🤦