Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 carbon rims

Paul Hunter

Greetings all,

This past weekend I cracked my Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 carbon rear rim.  I was not doing anything technical at all.  I was riding down a jeep track and somehow a rock managed to hit my rear rim from the side.  Images below.  The other thing is my bike is 2 years and 1 month old and thus the full replaced warranty is no longer after 2 years.  

I just want to know if anyone else has had this and if this is normal or just a freak incident?

Thanks

Paul

20230520_092811.jpg

20230520_092815.jpg

20230520_092820.jpg

Have you spoken to Trek?

Not sure on the Kovee but I was told with their carbon Line Elite even after the 2 years they will give a big discount on replacement. 

1 hour ago, Jono said:

From Trek's website, lifetime on carbon wheels for first owner

image.png.6550108754876fda1b18824b8493ce65.png

As per OP: Rock damage therefore insurance or he pays, I can't see Trek replacing under warranty. They might however give an accident discount.

Family member had their Top Fuel frame replaced under warranty after it broke so they do honour their warranty.

12 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

There is a 2 year crash replacement and even after this they will give discount + Life time warranty 

Screenshot_20230522_184806_Chrome.jpg

That's a really good policy!