Magene Radar Tail light - seat post quarter mount

mecheng89

Good morning, Hubbers.

Being the cheapskate I am, I opted for the Magene radar tail light instead of the tried and tested and readily available Garmin Varia. 

I detached my Magene supplied quarter turn seat post mount and promptly misplaced it. I then thought the Garmin and Magene seat post mounts would be the same, but just my luck (insert rage meme), they are not (the design of the tail light quarter turn tabs are different, 90 degrees apart).

So, any advice where to get hold of the correct seat post mount? I contacted Senbono, the official distributor of the Magene product, and even they don't know when they will get stock of seat post mounts. I see a brand called KOM Cycling make a seat post mount for this radar and other products, very interesting concept. 

I've spotted another design that attaches to the rails of your saddle, but these things are going for R1000 in the Classifieds, which I think is rather steep..

Thanks all.

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-24 at 11.03.22.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-24 at 11.29.09.jpg

I may be incorrect but Wahoo uses the same 90 degree turn. You can purchase a wahoo to garmin adapter and perhaps that will work. 

19 minutes ago, Brakepad said:

This works for both, can be turned in 90 deg. steps. But not the other options
Shanren Raz Seat post/Helmet mount - GPM Sports (gpm-sports.co.za)

The Giant seatpost is aero-like, so it tapers somewhat, and it's difficult to tell from the picture whether the supplied wedge will keep the light in place.

I see they do offer a saddle rail mount one too, but it seems instead of 2 pieces of metal clamping the bracket in place, they cheap out and supply cable ties which holds the bracket to the saddle rails. I suppose if you tighten enough it should do.,

Loosen the two screws on the Garmin mount.
Turn correct as required.  Drill two new holes.
Tighten again