sram gx axs derailleur battery pin damaged

MORNE1102

4 hours ago, MORNE1102 said:

No probs, glad you sorted it out bud. 
in my very humble opinion on SRAM I would say the product/s in general is made pretty sub standard. I constantly need to fiddle with my brand new battery charger as well. 

Both the batteries and charger are very pricey imho.  Sure once fully charged, the batteries last long but not sure why its so pricey compared to other batteries & chargers .... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by TheoG

• 5 months later...

This exact thing happened to me.  At first I thought it was a faulty battery cause I’d charge it full then ride for a short while (rear derailleur battery low) which was puzzling.

Yesterday in a race my main battery died, swopped to my spare, dead.  Then later tried to other batteries nothing worked.  SS for 35km = legs on fire LOL.  

That led me to the LBC and there they told me about the pin issue.

Eish, now to find POP and get a new one.  Think of me peeps.

2 hours ago, Francois Pienaar said:

This exact thing happened to me.  At first I thought it was a faulty battery cause I’d charge it full then ride for a short while (rear derailleur battery low) which was puzzling.

Yesterday in a race my main battery died, swopped to my spare, dead.  Then later tried to other batteries nothing worked.  SS for 35km = legs on fire LOL.  

That led me to the LBC and there they told me about the pin issue.

Eish, now to find POP and get a new one.  Think of me peeps.

I recently bought some SRAM components off Merlin Cycles in the UK, literally less then half the price of our local shark. 

2 hours ago, MORNE1102 said:

I recently bought some SRAM components off Merlin Cycles in the UK, literally less then half the price of our local shark. 

I've bought all my AXS stuff overseas whn i been on business trip = literlally half the price especially spare batteries 

2 hours ago, madmarc said:

I've bought all my AXS stuff overseas whn i been on business trip = literlally half the price especially spare batteries 

Yip bike shops locally take the piss big time.