[Event] Trans Augrabies 2024

ChrisF

2 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Very disappointing to see, one of the better and more memorable events I have done. Thought this one had the potential to hang around for many years. Hope the organisers can come up with something new!

I can confirm:

1. They have reached out, and are busy with refunds.  Worth noting they made this call before people committed to costs for accommodation.

2. They are already looking towards 2025.  Holding thumbs for this.

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

I can confirm:

1. They have reached out, and are busy with refunds.  Worth noting they made this call before people committed to costs for accommodation.

2. They are already looking towards 2025.  Holding thumbs for this.

I wonder if the timeslot is not hurting the event, June school holidays was great for me for a 1st outing and we combined it with a Kgalagadi holiday, but on an annual basis it competes with other family holiday options on my very limited family time and holiday budget. Possibly a date over a long weekend or short holiday will work better.

Really hope they can resurrect it in some way or form, again one of the better & worthwhile events around.

2 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

I wonder if the timeslot is not hurting the event, June school holidays was great for me for a 1st outing and we combined it with a Kgalagadi holiday, but on an annual basis it competes with other family holiday options on my very limited family time and holiday budget. Possibly a date over a long weekend or short holiday will work better.

Really hope they can resurrect it in some way or form, again one of the better & worthwhile events around.

The date has been discussed in previous years.

LOTS of requests to move it to a school holiday.

BUT .... will we be able to book out the SANS Park during a school holiday ? .....  Let's see how this plays out.

I will update when I get any concrete feedback.

On 3/4/2024 at 1:51 PM, Skubarra said:

For me the timeslot was perfect - the week leading into the June holiday means exams are done and I can pull my kids out early; and not stress about the park being booked out. I was just about to make payment when I saw @ChrisF's post about it being cancelled. At least now I can plan better for 2025. The start of this year was just a bit too rough to pay registration and book accoms in Jan/Feb. 

2 hours ago, Vaultboy said:

For me the timeslot was perfect - the week leading into the June holiday means exams are done and I can pull my kids out early; and not stress about the park being booked out. I was just about to make payment when I saw @ChrisF's post about it being cancelled. At least now I can plan better for 2025. The start of this year was just a bit too rough to pay registration and book accoms in Jan/Feb. 

Worth noting for 2025 - do your email bookings with Lani and her team, with payment due closer to the event.

We spread the cost of the event .... pay race entry early, then accommodation in April,  travel and food costs at the time of the event.

PS - we also like the date, but we are not tied to school holidays.  As long as it is during the cooler months we will try to make it work.

Edited by ChrisF