Giant Trance X e 2022 Extra Battery Supplier

ChrisO

Hi all, I'm looking to buy an additional ebike battery for my 2022 Giant Trance Xe+2 for multi day distance rides through the Karoo. Ive searched online but cannot find a supplier and quoted price for one. Im based close to Cape Town. 

Looking to buy new or near new 625, 750 or 800 Wh battery, any links or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Any suggestions on backup portable off grid chargers from someone who uses this method would also be helpful.  

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 11.43.03.png

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 11.41.33.png

Edited by ChrisO
Typo.

Hi Chris

You have TWO options ....

1. Speak to your dealer to get a quote from Dragons Sports Distribution, the SA importer and distributor of Giant.

2021 the prices were in the region of R20k for the battery PLUS another 2k for the colour matching finish ....  Would be "interesting" to see what the price has done since then ...

As for battery sizes .... would be interesting to see what they have in stock, that fits in YOUR FRAME ....  

2. When I was looking for a second hand battery I searched the Stolen section "Stolen Giants" ... I reached out to a couple of these unfortunate Hubbers.  Turns out the one had a battery charger for me.

Who knows, just maybe one of them has a second battery at home ....

PS - I did post a wanted thread, but had much more reaction reaching out to Hubbers as noted above.

23 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Hi Chris

You have TWO options ....

1. Speak to your dealer to get a quote from Dragons Sports Distribution, the SA importer and distributor of Giant.

2021 the prices were in the region of R20k for the battery PLUS another 2k for the colour matching finish ....  Would be "interesting" to see what the price has done since then ...

As for battery sizes .... would be interesting to see what they have in stock, that fits in YOUR FRAME ....  

2. When I was looking for a second hand battery I searched the Stolen section "Stolen Giants" ... I reached out to a couple of these unfortunate Hubbers.  Turns out the one had a battery charger for me.

Who knows, just maybe one of them has a second battery at home ....

PS - I did post a wanted thread, but had much more reaction reaching out to Hubbers as noted above.

Great suggestions, thank you Chris. It harder to source a battery than I thought it would be!

Edited by ChrisO
Typos