Cape Town Marathon, 94.7 & 16 Midmar Miles Between now and February

Jigghead

Whoever is reading this may or may not know that I try to raise funds for CHOC at every opportunity. Usually, it's in the form of swimming the 8 Mile Charity event at Midmar, with 2024 marking my 9th attempt. This year, I thought I'd mis it up a little as the feat does not seem as impressive as it did the first couple of times I did it, with many of my mates suffering from "donor fatigue".

So this time around I figured I'd try something very different and perform multiple impressive feats all in the name of the little legends CHOC looks after. My race calendar therefore looks as follows:

15th October 2023 - Cape Town Marathon - Running - 42.2km

19th November 2023 - Ride Jo'burg (94.7) - Cycling - 97km (it'll be my 10th)

8th, 9th, 10th, & 11th February 2024 - Midmaar Mile - Open Water Swimming - 16 Miles over 4 days

There will be other little events and what not added in amongst the above three events, but these will be shared as they come up. All I'm asking for in return is a little donation, big or small, to CHOC who does such amazing work looking after childhood cancer sufferers and their families. September is Childhood Caner Awareness Month, let make a difference for these little fighters.

Have a look at my fundraising page and feel free to send this on to anyone who may be keen to donate. Thanks in advance.

Jason Raath is raising funds for CHOC | kydrin foundation

Edited by Jigghead

• 3 months later...

So Cape Town Marathon and 94.7 completed, all for CHOC.

I'll be running Johnson Crane Marathon on January 28th and then it'll be Midmar weekend, which will look like this:

Thursday 8th - 4 Miles in the water

Friday 9th - 4 Miles in the water

Saturday 10th and Sunday 12th - I be swimming 4 miles on each day, but with a twist. I'll be running 3km to the start each day. The runs will be in my trusty cow onesie!

So Saturday and Sunday will be 6.5km of swimming with 12km of running in amongst the swims. ALL FOR CHOC.

That's 26km or swimming with 24 km or running over the 4 days!

Please help with any tiny donation: Jason Raath is raising funds for CHOC | kydrin foundation

MM.jpg.6dee7be8ea0bd444d212f10380eb452b.jpg

CPT.jpg.f44371b340e80209ea0f70b13d259c51.jpg

947.jpg.4650d66f27aea3009727703f9ebe17d3.jpg

Edited by Jigghead