[Event] Durbie Dash Road

Jacques|DurbieDash

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

'n paar skamele fototjies op hul Facebook. Not sure why we aren't seeing anything.  😕

I have asked on their facebook posts when and where the photos will be available .... no reply ....

On 10/19/2023 at 9:04 AM, ChrisF said:

I have asked on their facebook posts when and where the photos will be available .... no reply ....

Posted the same question on a few more of their threads .... 

radio silence ....

Makes no sense to have pro-photographers along the route, then go silent on the topic ....

19 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Posted the same question on a few more of their threads .... 

radio silence ....

Makes no sense to have pro-photographers along the route, then go silent on the topic ....

There seem to be some "technical" issues delaying the process. But photos will be uploaded on social media (hopefully) soon.

2 hours ago, Skubarra said:

There seem to be some "technical" issues delaying the process. But photos will be uploaded on social media (hopefully) soon.

Thank you for the update.

Normally we can see the photos on "Action Photo" or similar, then download (or order).

Clearly something happening in the background ....

2 hours ago, Skubarra said:

In terms of social media race reports event photos loose most of their value once the next race has happened... 

10 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Thank you for the update.

Normally we can see the photos on "Action Photo" or similar, then download (or order).

Clearly something happening in the background ....

3 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

In terms of social media race reports event photos loose most of their value once the next race has happened... 

afaik photographers were mostly from the school photography club, so maybe not quite used to these kind of logistics, but will give through the feedback.

On 10/23/2023 at 3:18 PM, Skubarra said:

afaik photographers were mostly from the school photography club, so maybe not quite used to these kind of logistics, but will give through the feedback.

That is interesting ...

Certainly would explain some of the photos on @-Az- link.  Rapid shots of the lead car ... photos of riders in the shade, with bright light behind the riders ... going to take time in Lightroom to use those photos.

THIS is how photographers learn.  

Respect to their teachers for getting them this exposure 👍

EDIT - 99er and the local schools series cycling events are more opportunities to hone their skills.  Just 1 or 2 spots.  Teacher can then concentrate on some basics of sports photography.

Edited by ChrisF

I’ve been checking www.pedalpower.org.za (and www.racetec.co.za although I know timing was done by FinishTime)

Should I be checking somewhere else?

On 10/25/2023 at 8:31 AM, Gruffalo said:

I’ve been checking www.pedalpower.org.za (and www.racetec.co.za although I know timing was done by FinishTime)

Should I be checking somewhere else?

No idea, just thinking that the PPA seeding is built on the racetec system which is now defunct, so not sure anyone is maintaining the seeding at all...

That being said, Durbie Dash results have also been loaded on Racetec results page, so maybe there is still hope.

18 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

That being said, Durbie Dash results have also been loaded on Racetec results page, so maybe there is still hope.

They loaded Durbie Dash but none of the other events like Old Hermon, PPA Mtb Challenge etc. Everything is deurmekaar at the moment.