Wanted: 650b x 2.8 tyres

Merlin

Hi everyone,

The original tyres on my Trek EX8, 650b x 2.8 Schwalbe Nobby Nics, are nearing the end of their life.

I sliced my rear tyre open on a rock yesterday. Although the remaining gorilla snot finally sealed the hole, I'm taking it as a sign to change both out.

The LBS can only supply Bontrager XR3s, which do not appear to garner overwhelmingly great reviews. Also, the quoted price is rather horrendous.

I'm rather distant from the cycling world these days, so outside of the LBS, I'm about as disconnected as can be.

I Googled all the online bike stores in ZA that I could find.

I seem to be running a rather uncommon tyre size.

Where else might I find tyres in this size, please?

I do prefer a more aggressive tread, and I ride a wide variety of surfaces, from city riding to trails, mud, etc.

I'm in the southern suburbs of CPT, if that's of any significance.

Thank you.

I can get a few 275 x 2.6" tyres from Maxxis and Vittoria, but the only 2.8 I can find is a Maxxis Rekon. PM me if any of these things interest you.

Most Specialized shops will have the Butcher Grid Trail 650B x 2.8" tyre. I have used them in the past and they are a great front or rear tyre. A bit tougher and grippier than the Nobby Nics, but also probably a smidgen heavier.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you, everyone.

Much appreciated. Very helpful responses all around. 🙂