Entries Open for Dis-Chem Ride for Sight 2024

News bot

Join us for the Dis-Chem Ride for Sight taking place on Sunday, 18 February 2024 at City Stadium, Jubilee Road, Boksburg. There will be three distances to choose from: the 116km Super Classic presented by Ensure; the 62km DS 24 Challenge and a new 8km fun ride. Willing to help disabled riders participate by piloting a tandem? Fill in this FORM The 116km is a CSA sanctioned event with cash prizes in all the CSA racing categories. The 62km will be awarding category prizes in all relevant  age groups. The 62 km Disabled category will cater for Disabled tandems, hand […]

View full article

This race is simply too dangerous. I cannot see myself ever entering this race again unless they fix the congestions along the straight going back past Carnival City, and keeping the traffic under control on Barry Marais before the final left hander. The latter scared the shit out of me this year and is totally unacceptable.

Some potholes weren’t attended to either. Costs are creeping closer to 947 entry but without road closure.

I’ve missed one event since 2007, due to dislocated AC-joint in a 2013 crash. I feel 2023 will be my last one.

11 hours ago, Mokgaga said:

I agree with @Mecheng89. I did it once before COVID-19 and told myself never again. I only do full road closure races

Ditto.