Stolen: Titan 29r Elite Carbon 2014 (Gauteng)

Morgan Brown

Bikes Should be Registered with the Department of Transport and Have a Licence like a Car.

In this way there would be a central database of serial Numbers (VIN). Forks Shocks and Cranks serial numbers Could be added to this Database. This would make it Easy to Identify and Trace Stolen Bikes making it less attractive for the current Cartels to steal them. And these Cartels do Exist. There is a Guy on Facebook that told me on the phone that he could get me any Fork I wanted, but it might take a couple of weeks.

I would not mind paying a Yearly License fee if it were to Reduce this Terrorist Act called Bike Jacking.

35 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Bikes Should be Registered with the Department of Transport and Have a Licence like a Car.

In this way there would be a central database of serial Numbers (VIN). Forks Shocks and Cranks serial numbers Could be added to this Database. This would make it Easy to Identify and Trace Stolen Bikes making it less attractive for the current Cartels to steal them. And these Cartels do Exist. There is a Guy on Facebook that told me on the phone that he could get me any Fork I wanted, but it might take a couple of weeks.

I would not mind paying a Yearly License fee if it were to Reduce this Terrorist Act called Bike Jacking.

I don't know if this would work. We have it for car's and motor bikes but hundreds are stolen everyday.  I think most bikes are stripped and sold as parts.

35 minutes ago, Barry said:

I don't know if this would work. We have it for car's and motor bikes but hundreds are stolen everyday.  I think most bikes are stripped and sold as parts.

I totally Agree with you.

2 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

Haha yeah I don't see that working currently with cars and Don't see how it would with bikes..

I completely agree. Theres zero recourse on the bicycles. They get stolen and thats the end. Never hear anything. The police even asked, why are you reporting this? Its a joke man. 

Its just a crap situation and nothing ever seems to happen

On 11/21/2023 at 4:55 PM, dasilvarsa said:

How would a 6 year old get a bike, like what would that process intale ?