Tokai, Permit renewal, reminders on procedure welcomed!

Zebra

29 minutes ago, marko35s said:

Pretty sure the 'they' there is not the bikepark, I would be very surprised if any of the parking charge went to them.

ja totally not fingerpointing at bikepark. They very cool people. the fact that they found and offer solution to SANparks stoopid annual permit system makes them lekker.

I think they actually comp your parking, maybe other vendors do and then uitsig comp that back.

it's uitsig with their big security and access setup that charges a small fee (presumably to keep riff raff out). It's more a hack trying to look after a ticket and pay the nominal fee when all you're doing is visiting a place (and probably dropping ca$h). I have seen people stuck at the exit gate who have lost/forgotten their ticket and security just waves them through after a chit chat!

56 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

ja totally not fingerpointing at bikepark. They very cool people. the fact that they found and offer solution to SANparks stoopid annual permit system makes them lekker.

I think they actually comp your parking, maybe other vendors do and then uitsig comp that back.

it's uitsig with their big security and access setup that charges a small fee (presumably to keep riff raff out). It's more a hack trying to look after a ticket and pay the nominal fee when all you're doing is visiting a place (and probably dropping ca$h). I have seen people stuck at the exit gate who have lost/forgotten their ticket and security just waves them through after a chit chat!

That would be me, I just roll up to the exit and wait to be let out. 

It may be because I am in and out quickly most of the time that I seem to get away with it.

I think the paid/gated parking became a thing there because people were just parking there and not using any of the facilities and a couple of years back the restaurant there was held up when the staff arrived one morning.

1 minute ago, marko35s said:

That would be me, I just roll up to the exit and wait to be let out. 

It may be because I am in and out quickly most of the time that I seem to get away with it.

I think the paid/gated parking became a thing there because people were just parking there and not using any of the facilities and a couple of years back the restaurant there was held up when the staff arrived one morning.

It's also a really good way to see if there are enough people in and out of the farm to make the right business decisions.

Tracking the traffic, time of day, length of stay etc for a business model firmly reliant on feet through the door is an important tool for decision making.

Make no mistake, the farm is no longer a 'feel good' investment with a cricket oval like it was in the days of Dave McCay

It is now firmly a business

I arrived on a motorbike, explained my business (permit), and was waved through (or rather, around…) the booms….

Cheers

Chris