ROBBIE HUNTER's performance

BIGBOY

Robbie was battling and fighting for 10th place in today's sprint. It seems this is the story at every sprint this year.

Is Robbie simply being outclassed, is he trying to turn over to big a gear as the replay shows him being dropped with every pedal stroke, or is he not in form yet or already to tired? Speak to me o clever ones.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the organisation of teams like Columbia it really is very difficult for him to get close. Did you see how many times he was near the front and then gone. Having to fight your way back 2 or 3 times will take it's toll if you can get there. Today he was badly positioned before the last corner and that was it.... finito

Yes, he was fighting for position but so was all of them... even Cavendish lost his guys a couple of times and went all on his own near the end.

I think Robbie is setting his target on one or two wheels, instead of checking for the faster open line or a better wave passing like some of the others are doing.

What was worrying is the overhead replay showing how about 7 guys absolutely pulled out from under him, it's like he lacked legspeed and got stuck in to a heavy gear

Yes' date=' he was fighting for position but so was all of them... even Cavendish lost his guys a couple of times and went all on his own near the end.

?

I think Robbie is setting his target on one or two wheels, instead of checking for the faster open line or a better wave passing like some of the others are doing.

?

What was worrying is the overhead replay showing how about 7 guys absolutely pulled out from under him, it's like he lacked legspeed and got stuck in?to a?heavy gear
[/quote']

you're gonna give the campy boys something to crow about...

You aren't seeing the Mc Ewen in the mix much this year either and he is THE master at using other teams lead outs. Columbia and one or two other teams seem to have it under control from 3km - it seems more organised than last year.

Last year RH always looked like he was going to get it. This year he just doesn't. Pity ...

i've been generous to him so far' date=' skye![/quote']

So you are clearly not interested in my Robbie Hunter T-shirt I am willing to sellLOL

I'm watching the mountain bike coverage that followed the Tour de Frans, and have been watching them for a few months now, strangely i have never hear any doping scandals here, is it because there is no huge team participation, their events are a lot shorter and hardly any sprint finishes, etc. BIGBOY2008-07-17 10:00:59

i've been generous to him so far' date=' skye![/quote']So you are clearly not interested in my Robbie Hunter T-shirt I am willing to sellLOL

hehe! that the one you got after the texas sally debacle? smiley2.gif

Yes' date=' he was fighting for position but so was all of them... even Cavendish lost his guys a couple of times and went all on his own near the end.

What was worrying is the overhead replay showing how about 7 guys absolutely pulled out from under him, it's like he lacked legspeed and got stuck in to a heavy gear
[/quote']

you're gonna give the campy boys something to crow about...

Campy WHO? Hahaha.....

i've been generous to him so far' date=' skye![/quote']So you are clearly not interested in my Robbie Hunter T-shirt I am willing to sellLOL

hehe! that the one you got after the texas sally debacle? smiley2.gif

No debacle from Texas Sally & I,  but yes that the shirtClap

The sprinters are much slower without EPO!!

Ok i'm leaving now.

Hehe...True story...

Not bashing RH i just think he's been outclassed, it seems he's always kicking in defence rather than attack... and of course it would be much better if the remainder team could get working for him...