ROBBIE HUNTER's performance

BIGBOY

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are clearly not interested in my Robbie Hunter T-shirt I am willing to sellLOL

hehe! that the one you got after the texas sally debacle? smiley2.gif

& I thought that went (eventually) to some wide-eyed youngster who hung it over his bed & every night dreamt of cycling heroics and derring do.

As far as RH goes he's one of the pack again this year with better teams and riders dominating. Puts into perspective what he was able to achieve last year which, I think, was really special.  Being part of Barloworld's endangered species team doesnt help either.

Joe Low2008-07-17 11:06:53

I think Cavendish is just too quick for any of them, and Hunter is only really quick when the other fast guys are having a bad day. The stage he won last year was the one where Boonen crashed before the finish straight.

So you are clearly not interested in my Robbie Hunter T-shirt I am willing to sellLOL

hehe! that the one you got after the texas sally debacle? smiley2.gif

& I thought that went (eventually) to some wide-eyed youngster who hung it over his bed & every night dreamt of cycling heroics and derring do.

i thought so too ... ? Confused

you know, i also get super dissapointed when i see robbie sprint like he did today, but then i also remember that what he has done is super good, and he's competing against the worlds best.... so even though he is performing as i was hoping, he's still doing really really well for himself and SA.

you know' date=' i also get super dissapointed when i see robbie sprint like he did today, but then i also remember that what he has done is super good, and he's competing against the worlds best.... so even though he is performing as i was hoping, he's still doing really really well for himself and SA.

[/quote']

I agree, he's consistently up there in the top ten and lying seventh in points, pretty damn good.

Just getting out of bed this morning and getting back on the bike should be celebrated as a victory.  I don't know how he did it especially after loosing Cooke too.  Only four left and the doping cloud hanging.  Man that sucks

Nope I've still got it. I Can always but it on auction again

Forgot to say earlier, that is a very nice avatar & I'm shocked your stormtrooper sales assault worked yesterday.  I thought a bike rack could languish for weeks.

On the T-shirt, tongue in cheek aside, I wonder what you would get for it now & I'm guessing not much.  It belonged to last year's euphoria, Ryan Cox, crowds at the airport. 

Obviously not on the scale of rugby's 1995 but there was something quite (sorry here's the word again) special about SA, RH, B'world and last year's tour that you can't make in a lab and put in a bottle.

& those times don't come round too often.

The only reason why RH won a stage last year was because the whole peleton crashed!

First rule of cycling: stay on your bike.

He deserved thhat win because he managed to stay on the bike and outsprinted Cancellara.  Good in my book.

Why so negative Mr Large Crisp with 2 posts?

Might be large chips but they are the bestThumbs%20Up