Bike rack

NJ van As

Can You use a Thule Euro Way G2 3bike for 2 ebikes of 25 kg each ( Titan Racing E Two and MTe Avalanche) or what else can you recommend 

Generally, the max weight limit on any towball rack is around 65kg of vertical weight. 

If transporting multiple E-Bikes, it is recommended you remove the battery for transport. This helps prevent the pendulum effect that a bouncing bike on a rack can cause. 

27 minutes ago, PregoRoll said:

Generally, the max weight limit on any towball rack is around 65kg of vertical weight. 

If transporting multiple E-Bikes, it is recommended you remove the battery for transport. This helps prevent the pendulum effect that a bouncing bike on a rack can cause. 

I was looking at the KAROORAK by MTB Africa - Its a bit pricey but built proper and can take 4 bikes and its built locally - I also had a question about the vertical load on tow bars as I have the Thule removeable one which is a goose neck design where they indicate the max load should not exceed 100 kg - BTW this is a SA road regulation based on the vertical load for the draw bar on a trailer, I doubt bike racks were around when they wrote the regulation - So I believe the vertical weight load limitation the manufacturers say not to exceed is more about a safety instruction to keep you within the regulation rather than the possibility of the tow bar failing under load. 

When i look at our tow bars they are really heavy duty in construction and i would imagine that could easily handle more than 100kg vertical static load - The problem I suppose is if you hit a bump or a pothole that load will increase exponentially through inertia.

But for 2 E-Bikes and the ease of loading a heavy bike, I would go for the KAROORAK I think its a really good & practical design 

BTW I am not in any way affiliated with them LOL

https://www.mtbafrica.com/karoorak.html