Lost: AXS battery cage

Stumpmeister

Hi guys taking a chance here lost my Axs battery cage on Klipheuwel or Faircape over the weekend if anyone picked it up pls contact me. Thanks.

Lost mine too on some trail somewhere. A bit of electrical tape over the battery gives me more peace of mind 😂

I was thinking this might be a good one for a 3d printed part.

I forgot to put mine back on for one of the biggest rides/races I did last year, really not such an issue

5 minutes ago, dave303e said:

I was thinking this might be a good one for a 3d printed part.

I forgot to put mine back on for one of the biggest rides/races I did last year, really not such an issue

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5616250

not sure how nice this will print, a lot of detail here

im not sure what purpose this cage really serves ...

I got hit from behind by a BMW 1200 GS last year, the crash bar hit the rear derailleur, battery cover took the impact and was found a good 20m from the crash. Derailleur, battery, dropout and everything survived perfectly. I was like 50km into a 260km race so it was really not ideal. I think that little bit of protection is better than nothing, but I also think the clutch system will take the impact anyway and protect a lot.

4 minutes ago, dave303e said:

I got hit from behind by a BMW 1200 GS last year, the crash bar hit the rear derailleur, battery cover took the impact and was found a good 20m from the crash. Derailleur, battery, dropout and everything survived perfectly. I was like 50km into a 260km race so it was really not ideal. I think that little bit of protection is better than nothing, but I also think the clutch system will take the impact anyway and protect a lot.

the sledgehammer tests on the new axs transmission RD are impressive too - but really building on what is an already robust design.

49 minutes ago, Kom said:

Slicing doesnt look to bad - ill print one  quick and leave it at Tygerberg Specialized for collection @Stumpmeisterimage.png.6675f735fbc01bccd975025546162e18.png

Can you tell the difference? 😁

IMG_4329.jpeg

IMG_4328.jpeg

A member 3d printed a number of these a short while which were on the Hub for sale. You may be able to do a search.

10 hours ago, Kom said:

IMG_4329.jpeg

IMG_4328.jpeg

Yes that is amazing thank you for doing this legend. I will pop in there and get you back somehow.

11 hours ago, Kom said:

Slicing doesnt look to bad - ill print one  quick and leave it at Tygerberg Specialized for collection @Stumpmeisterimage.png.6675f735fbc01bccd975025546162e18.png

10 hours ago, Kom said:

IMG_4329.jpeg

IMG_4328.jpeg