Trans Baviaans Repeat Accepts Solo Entrants

News bot

The iconic Trans Baviaans celebrates its twentieth anniversary in 2024. Racing from Willowmore, in the Karoo, to Jefferys Bay, on the South African East Coast, through the Baviaanskloof has remained a stern challenge throughout the last two decades; despite advancements in mountain bike technology. Due to the size of the challenge, which least we forget is a single-stage 230 kilometre ride, and the remoteness of the route the Trans Baviaans has steadfastly remained a team event. That will change – for selected participants – in 2024 however as solo entries are made available for the first time, to qualifying individuals […]

View full article

17 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

Sho, this is very tempting...

Ek dog julle moet julle title gaan verdedig. Of het jou partner jou teruggehou laas jaar? 😜

2 minutes ago, JacquesJ said:

Ek dog julle moet julle title gaan verdedig. Of het jou partner jou teruggehou laas jaar? 😜

Die Repeat naweek is na die Race naweek 😝

Just now, WaldoZ said:

Die Repeat naweek is na die Race naweek 😝

Ahhh, missed that. NOU praat jy. Ry terug deur die kloof die week tussenin.

Petition to change the rules. Those who have completed the 36One can also enter for a solo TB.......

On 2/27/2024 at 12:31 PM, Titleist said:

Petition to change the rules. Those who have completed the 36One can also enter for a solo TB.......

I must admit when you get into trouble at 36One it is much easier to get help. There are also no edges where you can fall of the edge of the world and if you don't have a witness then no one can find you. The key factor here is that you know what you doing at TB when solo. You know the course very well etc. I don't think it's about the ability to ride far or skill and fitness even.

I once almost saw @milky4130 ride over the edge of a cliff on the downhill. To this day I know exactly where that turn is and my auto pilot slows down already.