Reba shock

Coeta

Last month I had a off on the bike and my partner that rode behind me saw that something is wrong with the bike before I went down, as the frame was flexing/swivel a  lot, thus I lost control and went over the berm, up till today I cannot find anything wrong or broken on the suspension but I do notice that there is a lot of flex on the front shock and I dont think its normal.. 

Bike is specialized Epic comp 2012 

Edited by Coeta
Added bike info

36 minutes ago, Coeta said:

I do notice that there is a lot of flex on the front shock and I don't think its normal.. 

Bike is specialized Epic comp 2012 

Is the flex coming from the the front fork or from the wheel twisting. I can't quite see it from the video.

Think you might need to turn bike outside down, stand on bars (if you're able to or somehow fasten them) then try twist the bottom of the fork arms to determine if the twist is coming from the fork or the wheel? 

36 minutes ago, Coeta said:

Edited by robbybzgo

I know its a bit hard to see from the video, the flex is from the shocks, I will remove the wheel and check i

Yeah, you're right. Pretty flexy. Similar to the early Stepcast forks. Let's await the pros' comments from the suspension companies.

That’s a 12year old Reba with 32mm stanchions. It’s normal. The SID of that era and before was even worse 

Thanks for confirming that the flex is normal on the fork.

SO further stripping down of the bike to determine why there are so much flex/twist in the whole frame.. I found 2 spacers that are cracked, Speaking to the members at specialized these kits are no longer in stock or in production and need to be specially engineered. ( from what kind of metal)  or are there someone that might have a spares of them lying around, they are used on the 2011 -2013 EPIC FSR models, I can get the whole bearing kit from the US but at a hefty $75

1.PNG