beginner MTB riding group tokai?

hey i was wondering if anyone would like to join me on some easy mostly jeep tracks and eventually work our way up to some single track in tokai? if anyone is keen feel free to send me a dm with your number. 

The regular users of The Hub, seem to be seasoned riders mostly, so I'm inclined to think most are set/comfortable with their routines and abilities. Couple this with the safety aspect of meeting a stranger from online and the fact that our city is cliquey, don't fret if you get no response.

I hope you do though. Good luck! 

Edited by Spinnaroonie

1 hour ago, Spinnaroonie said:

The frequent users of The Hub, seem to be seasoned riders mostly, so I'm inclined to think most are set/comfortable with their routines and abilities. Couple this with the safety aspect of meeting a stranger from online and the fact that our city is cliquey, don't fret if you get no response.

I hope you do though. Good luck! 

ahh okay thank you i appreciate the response 

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat, looking for riding buddies. I'm based in Diep River 

Just pitch up and ride wherever?. you’ll eventually bump into people you either get on with, or don't…and it will go from there. Dont be shy. I didnt know any of the people i ride with…we met on the trails mostly, talking k@k or grabbing a beer afterwards.

Most people wouldn't mind if you tag along imo, regardless of your skill level. If you are enthusiastic and a lekker person, then it should all be good. Just dont expect too much coaching lol.  In fact, id say you actually want to join a group that you can look up to in terms of skill level, you will progress exponentially faster just by observing. Also go to other trailheads where you will likely find people more in range of your current skill level. Think northern suburbs etc. Tokai is a lekker place, but other than the jeep tracks, probably not too beginner friendly/accessible. MTBers are nomads, although there is always a local trail where they flock together, they do travel between spots depending on the mood.

Most trail’ey riders arent too serious. You might not get much interaction from racing snakes chasing KOMs on strava though. 

ps, another good way to mingle is just to enter an event or trail day or something in line with your biking interests. @Warren Melissa Go Riding for instance organise group rides all over the place. 

Edited by MORNE