Wahoo Fitness unveils all-new, rechargeable TRACKR heart rate

News bot

Press Release Wahoo Fitness, the leading endurance athlete fitness technology company, has unveiled an exciting new addition to its innovative product lineup, the TRACKR HEART RATE. With new and improved processing technology, TRACKR HEART RATE delivers highly accurate heart rate monitor (HRM) metrics that give athletes the confidence that every training session is another step toward their goals, taking their performance to the next level. In a FIRST from the leading smart fitness and training brands, TRACKR HEART RATE is equipped with a high-capacity, rechargeable battery with over 100 hours of active battery life in most conditions. This solves long-standing […]

View full article

Chest strap still. No optical technology. They should be updating the Tickr Fit. Guys the 1980s called they want their chest strap back.

32 minutes ago, Alastair_S1D said:

Chest strap still. No optical technology. They should be updating the Tickr Fit. Guys the 1980s called they want their chest strap back.

ECG measuring offers multiple benefits including clinical accuracy and optional metrics. The pro circuit must still be stuck in the 80s. 

Quite a few pros have been seen wearing armbands. Including the likes of the Polar Verity Sense. And if you check out reviews on the verity sense and Scosche Rhythm by DC rainmaker you will see that they are just as accurate. We don't need clinical levels of precision and accuracy for a sports. So it doesn't really matter if the reading is off by a % or so. Unlike in a clinical setting it isn't going to be the difference between life or death. 

58 minutes ago, Alastair_S1D said:

Quite a few pros have been seen wearing armbands. Including the likes of the Polar Verity Sense. And if you check out reviews on the verity sense and Scosche Rhythm by DC rainmaker you will see that they are just as accurate. We don't need clinical levels of precision and accuracy for a sports. So it doesn't really matter if the reading is off by a % or so. Unlike in a clinical setting it isn't going to be the difference between life or death. 

So if the accuracy is comparable, there will be a market for both.

I’m also pretty sure ecg monitors far outsell optical monitors, so it makes sense for Wahoo to have a strong product in this space

17 minutes ago, sirmoun10goat said:

So if the accuracy is comparable, there will be a market for both.

I’m also pretty sure ecg monitors far outsell optical monitors, so it makes sense for Wahoo to have a strong product in this space

I can't imagine every going back to a chest strap after getting My scosche rhythm 2.0. No wet chest straps in winter. = heaven

Would be great if they worked on improving device robustness. I know of several (my unit included) that stopped working. The waste of coin cell batteries is a red herring if you have to replace the unit every few years due to moisture ingress. Or replace the strap every 6 months due to it falling apart or corroding.