Iron Man Mossel Bay Half - Sold Out

Spafsack

Hi guys

I was planning on buying my son an entry now for a few weeks, as it aint cheap, but just got a notification its sold out [Mossel Bay]

What are the chances they release more, or people cant make it, cancel........is it just a waiting game now, maybe we lucky, how does it work?

31 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Hi guys

I was planning on buying my son an entry now for a few weeks, as it aint cheap, but just got a notification its sold out [Mossel Bay]

What are the chances they release more, or people cant make it, cancel........is it just a waiting game now, maybe we lucky, how does it work?

Zero chance, and you cannot transfer an entry. so even if people offer, should you get caught racing under someone else's name, you will likely get banned from future IM events.

He is better off in the meantime, honing his racing skills and experience at the smaller events of Tinman or Ultra or R2S and entering Durban 70.3 in June 2025 as there is no 70.3 in PE in 2025, only the full distance.

2025 World Championships 70.3 is in Marbella Spain and there are a lot of international athletes looking for races to get qualifying slots.  SA will be and is seen as a cheap destination to race and get a slot, so the field at Mossel Bay and Durban 70.3 will have a very international feel to it I suspect.

I would recommend entering Durban 70.3 as soon as it opens and taking advantage of the slightly cheaper Tier 1 entry price,

19 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Thanx Shaper, good info this, will relay to him. 

A pleasure.  Regarding racing under another name, IM do not allow transfer and change of name, no matter what people say when they try to sell their entry. 

The issue arises that if there is a cardiac arrest in the swim, a bike crash or heat exhaustion on the run.  and a medical emergency is required then when they pull up the medical details and emergency contact number for the individual it is all incorrect (as you will be racing under someone's details) and should the worst happen and something is given to someone who is allergic to it, but medical staff are only looking at data for a different individuals, there could be dire consequences for that person.

Edit: also be aware of lots of scammers trying to sell entries as the race is sold out.

Edited by shaper