MTN Crit

turtlek

So i go and enter and everything as a licensed U23 rider for the crit only to find out when i looked at the start times that to race in the elite cat you have to be in a team of 5 riders contrary to what the website said about not needing to be in a team this is ridiculous now i am going to have to race against the open seeded group smiley7.gif smiley7.gif smiley7.gif smiley7.gif smiley7.gif smiley7.gif smiley7.gif smiley7.gif smiley7.gif smiley7.gif

Hehehe, Just joking Bud, As far as i am aware, they cannot turn you away for being an individual rider...unless they make their own rules at this event?

i raced it last year and put together a scratch team and this year they advertised it so that individuals could enter but when i went onto the site after paying it says that you need to have a team again it just makes me so cross that they dont cater for the guys not in teams yet

If Everyone adopted this mindset, how would young up and coming riders get noticed, some guys shine in an event of this nature and might not be in teams, but now wont get a chance to ride....what is their reasoning behind this? Also why do they bother making it teams of 5, if the bigger teams just enter two teams?

exactly my point i think they might want to be like the dome to dome but it wont work that way unless you have the numbers and as far as this race is organised it looks like it is turning riders away from this form of racing

i raced it last year and put together a scratch team and this year they advertised it so that individuals could enter but when i went onto the site after paying it says that you need to have a team again it just makes me so cross that they dont cater for the guys not in teams yet

Perhaps they'll fine you for not wearing team kit again.

Before it gets too nasty, why not phone the organisers and state your case maybe they will see the light

Perhaps they'll fine you for not wearing team kit again.

they better not i am wearing my licensed club kit this time

and WW its the same for elite ladies just with 4 per team smiley7.gif

After you've paid you see that you need to be in a team. The organiser has some explaining to do. Take you a bet you will not be able to ask for your money back.

?

After you've paid you see that you need to be in a team. The organiser has some explaining to do. Take you a bet you will not be able to ask for your money back.

nope not a chance onetime its ridiculous but the worst part is that they are doing false advertising saying that individuals could enter for the event this year

Chyna. stuff E-mail its too easy for them to BS you, rather phone em and start screaming and shouting, add tears aswell, then mumble "this is too much" cry some more, then sit back and wait for your number to be delivered to your door,Tongue