Winningtime/Wrongtime/Cheatingtime

HANSIE SLIM

or is it laughing time.

A lot of results are wrong. But the cherry on the cake is the guy starting between 5 and 10 minutes late for his bunch and stll gets bunch start time.

or is it laughing time.

A lot of results are wrong. But the cherry on the cake is the guy starting between 5 and 10 minutes late for his bunch and stll gets bunch start time.

which is technically correct - if you supposed to start at a certain time and you are late for the start , the clock is already ticking.

The start of a race is the start ........ not when someone decides it suits him/her to start.

100 m starts at the gun .....

well in theory its good that they start you in your proper bunch but it just sucks when you decide to drop down and ride with a buddy and you end up having half an hour more riding time to your name

i already have a problem with my time from yesterdays lost city i raced with a timing chip and even though i raced from start to finish it didnt record time (i am actually thankfull because yesterdays race was worse than anything i have ever ridden so in that case i am glad it didnt go down for my seeding!!!!!

but anyways life goes on smiley1.gif

surely it cant start you in a group time if you havent gone over the mats.

Its not that clever that it can guess when you should have started.

If you went over the starting mats and then waited for your friend to start 3 groups later then i guess that may be the result but that would be your own fault

surely it cant start you in a group time if you havent gone over the mats.

Its not that clever that it can guess when you should have started.

?

If you went over the starting mats and then waited for your friend to start 3 groups later then i guess that may be the result but that would be your own fault

if you are riding with a winning time chip and you are entered for say the A bunch the computer starts all the timing chips that should be there so it is bad that they have their computer set up that way

if you are riding with a winning time chip and you are entered for say the A bunch the computer starts all the timing chips that should be there so it is bad that they have their computer set up that way

So why do u go over the mats at the start if the computer knows who is thereConfused

I don't agree that its a stupid system, especially for the racing groups where 1 second is the difference between 1st and 20th position.  Imagine the complaints and screw ups then where people don't really care about their time but their position.

there were start mats at lost city but as usual they were stuffed up by something or someone and i can agree that there is big issues about positioning but then again you have manual timing for all your licensed riders and most of the time it is decided by either the guy on the line or a video camera on the finish so that way most of the time the guys that are licensed get sorted out but the problem comes out when little johnny on his first hundred km race has 4h30 on his speedometer but his timing comes up as 5h45 which obviously must mess his mind up completely

I don't agree that its a stupid system' date=' especially for the racing groups where 1 second is the difference between 1st and 20th position.  Imagine the complaints and screw ups then where people don't really care about their time but their position.[/quote']

That's why there are CSA officials at events, to determine finishing positions in the racing categories. As far as I know, timing chips are not accepted by CSA as an official timing system.

Don't know what you guys are on about.  I've often fallen back to ride with mates in other groups and Winningtime have always indicated my time according to the group I started in, not my official seeded category.  Never had a problem with that.

BTW, you guys don't know how good you have it in SA.  ' Funrides'(touring rides) are not timed over here and people just do it for the fun.  Imagine that!

Don't know what you guys are on about.  I've often fallen back to ride with mates in other groups and Winningtime have always indicated my time according to the group I started in' date=' not my official seeded category.  Never had a problem with that.[/quote']

Couldn't agree with you more WillehondClap