Letsatsi MTB

Chilli Pepper

Some photos taken while "racing" the 35km Letsatsi mtb challenge.  Big%20smile

20080831_132314_Image010b.jpg

The view from the chalet - Please note: Photos taken with a cellphone.

20080831_132418_Image011b.jpg

Registration - the photos do not do justice to the mach 2 wind blowing...

20080831_132532_Image012b.jpg

The view from registration

20080831_132933_Image013b.jpg

Around 5km into the race I decided to stop and admire the view.. I thought the Freestate was all flat!  Sorry, the photos just don't do justice..

20080831_133049_Image014b.jpg

After missing a turnoff (I was chatting to a fellow lady-rider, Samei), we ended up on top of a ridge overlooking the route.  Even though we had to turn back, it was worth the detour!

20080831_133300_Image015b.jpg

20080831_133418_Image018b.jpg

ITEC was the main sponsor of the event and had three of their own riders doing the 35km for the fun of it!  Well done guys!  Hehe... the middle dude only got told on the Monday  before the event that he was going to ride 35km on a bicycle!! LOLClap

20080831_133642_Image019b.jpg

I rode most of the race with a lady called Samei and this little dude: Michael.  10years young and a very determined lad!  He dropped many an old guy on the uphills and suprised me everytime with his guts!  Well done Michael!

What to say about Letsatsi:

I thoroughly enjoyed the trip.  It's quite a distance from Pta, but isn't this what cycling is about?  Especially mtb'ing?  Getting to see and experience places you've never been before?

Accommodation was top-notch! Affordable & luxurious in one sentence?! Yes. Smile  I totally misjudged the weather, and it was heaven to get to the chalet to find that someone had been in already, and turned the bedsheets and switched on the hot blanket! ClapStar

The organisation was great, the route was awesome. Smile  Not easy at all, but also not so technical that I (zero technical skills & blue thing..) couldn't handle it..  although the blue thing did manage to notch another fall.... I looked back to see how far behind Michael was and rode into a hole... nice chainring tattoo on ankle now...ConfusedEmbarrassed

Entry fee minimal, prize money enormous! ... only I didn't think to find out beforehand... otherwise maybe  I would've raced...CryLOL

Oh, and the MC was brilliant!WinkBig%20smile

Also met a couple of hubbers there!  Sorry guys, can't remember all the names, but it was really nice to meet you!!  Big%20smile

So, in conclusion:  I would recommend this race to anyone & everyone!

Hey CP, Thanx for the pics and the words regarding the race..... sorry about the wind, but the front just hit Cape Town at the wrong time.....

Ja some Psycho was doing the comentating...he should realy learn to shut up..... LOL

Thanx to ALL parties involved for making this a STUNNING EVENT..... I've received ONLY COMPLIMENTS.....wheter it be organising or the route...it was ALL PERFECT....Clap

Just a word on the prize money..... more than R22000.00 in Total and this was CASH me babies...... so in FUTURE for those complaining about the distance...take that into consideration Big%20smile

Thanx Chilli    Big%20smileThumbs%20Up

and there i was....riding at 5 km/h into that wind ...Ouch uh hum tornado...phew that was hectic ! the organisers had to tie phsyco to the ground ... the wind almost blew him away ! twas nice to meet chilli p aswell !!! saw savage there doing his first marathon event...cudos to you sav...you did well!!!! jean fourie was also there.....other hubbers most probably know him as ......wait for it.....jean fourie ,powering his way to the end. thanx phsyco...your a legend...twas a great succes

It was quite hard in that wind but for me was the hardest when i fell at a speed of around 50kmph on the end... at least i won a helmet for the best fall! hahaha

It was quite hard in that wind but for me was the hardest when i fell at a speed of around 50kmph on the end... at least i won a helmet for the best fall! hahaha

Hey so GT its You that went down... shame man..... but thank YOU so much for the entertainment....made the comentating worth while...WinkLOL

Thanx to Rudy Project for the sponsor on the Fall of the Day prize and for lending me Pimp Shades to look Cool.....Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileClapClap

pixi....... always lekke to do commentating when...... "ysters" such as you and Rudi, David, Dirk and Jean are riding........ not to forget Gus.....Clap