Why no km signs at 94.7??

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

Hi to all

Can someone please tell me why there was no km boards at 94.7? Being from the Cape and doing my first 94.7 I was expecting signs every 10k's with 5k's and then 1k's during the last 5km? We have that here in all our PPA races.

Reason - my Cateye stopped working in the rain at Hyde Park so had NO idea how far to go!! And DAMN - it is a tough race. Will have to go for high altitude training in the Lesotho-montains next year. My lungs are still hurting!

Personally I hate those things. My computer is not even on distance when I'm racing. It makes the race feel longer.

Yeah  I agree!

By the way - apparently the "new route" of this year's 94.7 was 3km longer? What was the total distance? I aimed for a 2:45 and did 2:49 but was the route longer?

tough is a very good word to describe it.

I would have liked to see the signs, i think it helps alot, but either way it was hard!

Still not sure what made it so hard... Speed was fast but always is fast at higher altitude. Climbs not that bad but I think it was the relentless undulating terrain that made it hard for me - compared with the high altitude. Was annoyed that I got dropped from the front C-riders abot 50m from the top of the water tower!

No it was only about 1.5 kilos longer.  The finish line was 3 kilos from the traffic light at Kyalami. 

Not sure why the did not have any signs up.  Normally do have them.  Personally that stretch on the N14 up to the R55 is a bit demorilising for sometimes.  The kilos clock past soooooo slowly.