Can anyone tell me.....

jog5000

..... what type of Orbea this is? And to all those smart alecs.... I KNOW ITS A BLUE ORBEA WITH WHITE WRITING!! ;) Just want to know what type of Orbea...20061122_044337_DSCN3896.JPG

Based purely on the visible welds I am going to hazard a guess that it is a bike that is fairly low down the Orbea food chain.

The external appearance of a weld tells you exactly zero about how good it is, but manufacturers generally 'tidy up' more the further up their particular food chain you go.  As a f'rinstance, when I bought a Raleigh RC6000 it had smooth welds while the RC3000's that I saw all had un-smoothed welds.

It looks like a earlier model Zonal, I maybe wrong!

Mail it to Lloyd at cape cycle systems they are the importers of orbea

Some pics of the Zonal.....2001 model.  Does not look like the same bike....

http://www.usedcamerabuyer.com/digital-camera/bronica_lens_666_108_080806_006.JPG

http://www.usedcamerabuyer.com/digital-camera/bronica_lens_666_108_080806_008.JPG

http://www.usedcamerabuyer.com/digital-camera/bronica_lens_666_108_080806_011.JPG

The Lonular, Starship, Zeus, Mitys and Marmolapa all have Carbon rear triangles. 

Ai Spidey...those pictures bring back good memories!Big%20smile The Zonal was one of the most comfortable bikes i've ever had - not really a racer...but hell it felt GOOOD! (although mine wasn't blue - more of a circus bike with all the colours of the rainbowEmbarrassed)

Nope, just had a look at the better photo of your bike and compared it to my old Zonal frame that's laying around here...def. not a Zonal. (but ja, i also played the guessing game for agesEmbarrassed)

What's on that sticker on the seat tube of your bike?

But even if you don't find out...don't stress!Big%20smile The important thing is that you've got an Orbea and you're better of than a lot of other people on this forum!WinkEvil%20Smile heheh...

It is a pre-2000 frame.  The welding tells you squat as Orbea welded all their frames like that pre-2000.  If I remember right it is is a double-butted Lobular.  I had a similar compact frame - same paintjob.  The frame should be plenty stiff, but the Zeus fork is a little flexy, particularly in larger sizes with the alloy steerer tube.  That Orbea was the last alu road bike I owned and probably will ever own, but I liked it.  Maybe even preferred the ride to the Look KG381 I replaced it with.