Thud buster seat post

casspir

casspir, just get another saddle for the old seatpost, mark both carefully and swap it out accordingly when you use the bike on the road... i popped my arione onto my old seat post to do argus on my mtb cos i knew the thudbuster would drain me on the tar

Guest Big H

Congratulations.... did you get the Crudcatcher as well..... if not get it as dust mud etc may hurt the swivel bearings.

Slowpoke,  done it already.  Arione on old fixed seat post and Gobi on Thudbuster. 

Big H, crud catcher fitted.  Need to ask SWAMBO to do some needlework.  I don't use a QR on the saddle post clamp and need to change the catcher so that it can be removed without removing the seat post. 

Regards,

casspir

Guest Big H

No need to remove seat post.... I am sure!!!!!! Did you fit it correctly or did the design change??????

Big H, seems to be a design change.  Has a hole for the seatpost and smallish "haak en steek" opening. 

garthzga, have a look at www.thudbuster.com

Regards,

casspir

casspir2007-03-19 08:01:15

casspir,

only a pleasure to recommend something that I simply will not get rid of. Admittedly mine is a little old and I have little use for it, I'm hanging on to it for when I get a Hardtail for spare bike /commute duties.

Remember the preload can be set as well by tightening the nuts holding the elastomer stack together. Set up takesa bit of time but not a great deallonger than any other post.

First get the preload right, then position the saddle setback from the bb and saddle height. Sorted!Big%20smile