WTF???

Cois

What gives.

Cycling on Saterday after my night shift and not lekker wakker if you know what I mean. (okay I  am always like not lekker wakker maar anyway)

So I am crusing down a road doing 75 km/h in a 60 km/h zone.  This bloke decides to turn infront of me. 

Ek meen WTF?????

Don't the stupid non cycling blokes know that I can do a speed of 50 - 70 km/h on my road bike?

To whome can I write to let the non cycling public know that I can cruise at 70 km/h?

Think that will be my rant for the day...

So I am crusing down a road doing 75 km/h in a 60 km/h zone. 

To whome can I write to let the non cycling public know that I can cruise at 70 km/h?

How about the local traffic authorities?? 60km/h zone - maybe the driver wasn't anticipating that you were speeding??

It's cool to realise that as a cyclist sometimes you can go faster than the speed limit but at the same time you have to take the consequences for it if something goes wrong. It could just as easilly have been a pedestrian stepping in front of you.

Sadly most motorists don't get it.  If you are at/ near / above the speed limit, move to the middle of the lane.  If you are approaching offramps to the left move out into the lane and indicate that you are doing so by holding your right hand out.  If near a particularly common left turners spot, move into the middle of the lane no matter what speed you are doing, clearly indicating that you are going to do so.

It is considered dangerous to overtake another vehicle while turning, so whether you are going straight or turning, motorists approaching from behind should be waiting for you.

While some don't like my response to rude, antagonistic, provocative and violent hooting from behind by the motorist, on occasion I do respond with a slightly less rude, antagonist and provocative indication of my displeasure.

I rode that same route yesterday, keeping in the speed zones.  Okay I went 2 km/h faster, but still you will get this blokes with their ML's driving infront of you.  At that speed there is no way to show your displeasure ext.  I was holding on for good measure....

And while doing 75 km/h on Saterday there was still some cars passing me...  So I wasn't alone.  And I tried to slow down, but it didn't help much...

Gelukkig het die karre wat meer as 60 ry ABS om hulle te stop...... Cois jy moet onthou wie en wat jy is!!!!!! 'n Fietsryer sonder beskerming op iets wat slegs 10kg weeg. Die kar weeg 2 ton of meer en die drywer sit in 'n hok, hy het crumple zones, ABS, airbags rollcages etc etc etc ...... jy is net 'n lastige vlieg wat hy nie laaik nie.!!!!!!! Doodgewone physics dictate dat jy tweede SAL kom. Karre (en hulle drywers) verwag nie jy kan so vinnig ry nie

Maar oom Hendrik, dis die hele punt wat ek probeer maak.  Waar of vir wie sal ons kan s? sodat al die dom mense wat nie fietsry nie kna maak verstaan.

Ek het al gedink om 'n advertensie met topless anties te koop wat die mense s? dat 'n fiets meer as 30 km/h kan ry.  Weet nie of dit regtig gaan werk nie, aangesien 2 uit 3 karre wat voor my ingery het deur dames bestuur is.