Cyclist Hit

dfm1

Almost daily we hear of some cyclist that's been hit by some car and absolutly nothing is being done about it. We dont even hear about the near misses and having had a few of those I am sure that there must be multiple near missies on a daily basis. I am also convinced that there are a nuber of serial offenders out there who pride themselves on just clipping the cyclist with his side mirror, or being able to miss the cyclist be less that 10mm. This miss will however turn into a hit oneday, and the motorist will turn around and say, It was just an accident, and there is no way we can prove it otherwise, so this is my thought, is there not a way that we can set up a site where we can report or list these hits and misses, referancing them by reg no, and should someone be hit we will be able to referance back whether we are dealing with a serial offender that might have been listed 10 times before by 10 different cyclist, thus proving that there was intent and that it was'nt an accident. This could allow us to send a notice to a motorist once they havebeen listed more than a certain no of times, that we are aware of his or her behaviour, that they have been reported and that should this behaviour continue that they will get into trouble.

Yeah, like TB's Good Bad and Fugly page? I second the motion. Admin, set up a new forum where we can post these...

Also, there are some other sites where you can list motors for bad stuff, arrive alive and some other one, can't remember...

But a page here would work nicely.

I got hit by a taxi mirror on wednesday am.

Got hit so hard that the whole mirror got taken off the taxi.

It was a new toyota quantum Reg XBM 819 GP.

Got some bad bruising on my right arm and back.

We have to do something about these people.

i agree - something would be nice where you provide the date of incident, province, town, place, description of driver, make of vehicle, reg number of vehicle, desciption of incident. the reason for this many "fields" for location is so that we can have stats re province/town.