Vittoria Pit Stop

Crankarm

ConfusedOkay so I have just put sum pit stop in my wheel (tube) after a puncture. When I get home and want to inflate the tyre to the correct pressure

1) When I depress (release) the valve doesn't the goo come out and try to repair the valve.

Okay so the valve is free and I pump the tyre to the correct pressure,

what happens the next time I want to pump my wheel, is the valve jammed or what.

2) How many punctures can I have on Vittoria Pit stop that I have just put in?

3) 1 can for one wheel or both?

4) Price? Embarrassed

One thing you have to do is make sure the valve is at the top when you wan to use it. For the rest I don't have an answer.

First, clean out the valve coz you've stuffed it up.  Unscrew the nozzle and clean it out.

When storing your tubbies, always leave them with the valve at such an angle so that if there is any slime in the valve that it will run out.  So do NOT leave the valve at the top coz if there is slime in it, you going to have a mess next time you try and pump your wheel and you will be cursing the inventor of tubbies all over again.

I cannot see why there would be a limit as to how many cans you might use.  If it is fixed, then fine.  Next time you puncture, use another can.  What is the prob? 

Personally, I have never found those cans to be effective.  Rather pre-fill your tubbies with slime (from Continental).  Cost about R70 or so and you can do a hundred tubbies.  Then you don't even have to stop to fix a puncture!

Price of what?  Tubbie?  Cannot see why people ride R700 tubbies.  They tend to not last and deflate at the site of glass.  My personal fav is the Conti Sprinter.  Smooth and affordable (and all black, no silly white walls).

Smile

The goo will run around the tube and seal the hole and generally not get into the valve too much in terms of gumming it up.

Once the goo is in (either pre loaded or when you puncture) then it will be active for a good few months and should be effective in this time.

I generally only use it for a tubular due to the cost and so with a regular tube I would recomend changing it unless an important race.

doesnt this slime in the tubbie cause issues with the rolling of the wheel?

my thinking is that if you fill a bucket half full of water & swing it around,  the water stays in the bucket & in one place.

so - put slime in the tubbie / tube & start riding - will all the slime not gather at once spot & stay there until you stop again?

Ermm a wheel has very little in common with a bucket Seuss.

The slime will most probably try to stay at the bottom due to gravity.  Some will however go round and round with the wheel but that is more a function of its viscocity than of the centrifugal force you see with the bucket experimentGeek

Ermm a wheel has very little in common with a bucket Seuss.

The slime will most probably try to stay at the bottom due to gravity.  Some will however go round and round with the wheel but that is more a function of its viscocity than of the centrifugal force you see with the bucket experimentGeek

Propeller head...

You are right that the slime does not generally cause any problem and you do not feel it in the wheel.