My project bikes

singletrackmind

Over the past 2 years iv bought, been given pieces and built all these bikes with my bare hands, im only 17. Let me know what you think. Only the commencal came built but it has alot of mods to it. The rest all started from the frames only. I think im doing pretty well. I build them and then give them to people to ride (friends and family) The raleigh road bike and commencal are mine. The RDS.5 with XC build is now being used by a friend and the RDS.5 with a freeride (well sort of) build is my dads and the little TCR is what im busy trying to finish for my little brother(12).

20080926_080803_P1010170.JPG

RDS.5 with XC build kit. Full XT and XTR with crossmax xl disc wheels.

20080926_085511_P1010446.JPG

Thats what the RC6000 looked like before I got hit down by a car. Wasted alot of money building it up to this for it to all just be trashed. But look below for what it looks like now

20080926_080858_P1010607.JPG

My RC6000. Full Dura-ace/105 groupset with ksyrium SL SSC wheels and a scott cr1 fork.

20080926_081010_P1010612.JPG

My commencal supernormal deluxe. Been pimped with alot of KCNC peices. Eeaston EC90 bars, ritchey WCS stem etc etc etc

20080926_081128_P1010614.JPG

Raleigh RDS.5 with freeride set up, the ugly bike. Dont ask, my dad loves this thing, dont know why because i could make it so much better.

20080926_081244_P1010609.JPG

My brothers new TCR, frame is old but extremely light. Paid R1000 for this bike then ran out of cash, sammajoor kindly donated a few parts to help me put (thank you so much) and just waiting for them to arrive so i can put her together. He likes the pink cage so thats why its there. Going to bike a nice little bike when its done.

20080926_085248_P1010419.JPG

RC3000, full tiagra with Easton Ascent II wheels. Built this up to this spec then sold it to finance new projects

Let me know what you all think

singletrackmind2008-09-26 08:56:15

Yes I have samma. Shes going to organize it today i hope, or when she gets the car back. Again thank you.

The RC6000 weighs 8kgs as it stands. Not to bad for an ali bike.

Very nice, and well done for doing it all yourself.

I have just completed my latest bike myself, bought the frame off the Hub and all the other parts are new bought to my spec. I had a great time building it and learned so much doing it.

If you are smart, like you have been, you can pick up most of the parts at a greatly reduced cost via the Hub.

Thats what iv been doing HammerHed. Its so much cheaper then buying new. You have no idea how much i learned doing all these. I taught myself most of the stuff aswell and paid for it all myself aswell. Had to work for this. My parents bought my 1st bike and they said if i want a new 1, i had to work for it.

Thats what iv been doing HammerHed. Its so much cheaper then buying new. You have no idea how much i learned doing all these. I taught myself most of the stuff aswell and paid for it all myself aswell. Had to work for this. My parents bought my 1st bike and they said if i want a new 1' date=' i had to work for it.

[/quote']

That's a great attitude to have teaches you to be resourceful and make the most of whats available.

that is great what you do for your friends and family dude i really hope they appreciate all your hard work and to be honest with you there is nothing wrong with liking a raleigh it means you can upgrade at a later stage haha just joking with you dude smiley2.gif

Lol no its all good, im looking at buying a cervelo soloist carbon next year. Got a nice savings account going for myself, started off with a little bit, now i have almost enough. But im not touching that account until i turn 18

Well done young man, you sound like a well balanced, good attituded young man. We need more focused youngsters. Well done.