Armstrong 1999 Urine samples - if RE-tested (vote)

ASTANA

What will be the outcome if they retest the Old samples of 1999?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome if they retest the Old samples of 1999?

• Positive (doped)
    • Negitave (never doped)
    • Will not be tested (for some reason)
    • Results will end up in a court case

I sure hope for the sport and for lance that this test will be done and show as a Negt, that all the critics can stop moaning and get on with a new season and new riders.

Still dont think he'll be on form at his age to compete for a win, but he will be up there and hopefully without the scar of doping, not THE LANCE Armstrong.

Big%20smile

hey there Holy one - I'm repeating what I said in the other post; Why must LA be retested and not any other champions from the past? It's French Bulls**t at it's finest, and to think they carp on about the sport being serious about dope testing - serious about attempting to out anyone not French or not french cyclings liking is more accurate.

Funniest of all is that I'm at the point where even if LA did dope, and the test did prove this, it's so far off the testing protocol that I hope LA destroys these lunatics in court

One rule for LA, completely another for anyone else.... come on frogs legs eaters, get a grip, you sour, bitter, pathetic excuse for cycling fans Dead 

PPWTF2008-10-02 00:48:17

One rule for LA' date=' completely another for anyone else.... come on frogs legs eaters, get a grip, you sour, bitter, pathetic excuse for cycling fans Dead  [/quote']

well, the thinks he is entitled to his own rules. Why must the waiting perion be shortened just to let him start racing in the beginning of the year.

One rule for LA' date=' completely another for anyone else.... come on frogs legs eaters, get a grip, you sour, bitter, pathetic excuse for cycling fans Dead  [/quote']

well, the thinks he is entitled to his own rules. Why must the waiting perion be shortened just to let him start racing in the beginning of the year.

because the 'rules' where bent for a certain Rock Racing rider so he could ride the Tour of California...... not so different really is it......

Lets make it clear - I'm a rare neutral as far as LA the rider is concerned. What I see is a nation that can't stand the guy - from what I can make out, for two reasons;

1. He's American
  2. He dominated 'their' race
The doping argument is so flaky - how many other TdF riders with major doping scandals behind them are still the darling of their nation - Richard Virenque makes a mockery of the French argument that the LA issue is about a doper who's defrauded his sport

hey there Holy one - I'm repeating what I said in the other post; Why must LA be retested and not any other champions from the past? It's French Bulls**t at it's finest' date=' and to think they carp on about the sport being serious about dope testing - serious about attempting to out anyone not French or not french cyclings liking is more accurate.

Funniest of all is that I'm at the point where even if LA did dope, and the test did prove this, it's so far off the testing protocol that I hope LA destroys these lunatics in court

One rule for LA, completely another for anyone else.... come on frogs legs eaters, get a grip, you sour, bitter, pathetic excuse for cycling fans Dead  [/quote']

i agree with what you're saying, but on the one rule for lance, he is also asking the uci for special dispensation on the early entry thing. look, if he did agree to it, he better be bloody confident because "the troll" does lay out the statistical odds of being able to successfully taint those original samples.

Test, Test, Test, we need more tests - at PPA as well - test them all and ban them all

Hug

I love life

PPWTF - You don't sound awfully neutral when it comes to LA.  Obviously you have bought into some of the American propaganda related to the French.  Do you know anything about France or its people?

The only reason the French are more involved in the LA case is that l'Equipe were the first newspaper to take doping in sport seriously and devote some journalistic time to it.  The Germans, the Irish and others are as vociferous if not more so than the French press in their criticism of Armstrong.  Perhaps his most outspoken critic is a Canadian.  And he's not even a French speaking Canadian.

As to why Armstrong to be subjected to more rigorous examination than most, should be obvious.  He is the top icon for the sport and garners more attention even in retirement than most other current cyclists.  There is also an overwhleming amount of suspicion and circumstantial evidence for which answers have not been provided.  This on top of the fact that he is easy to dislike, makes him a prime target for the press and the public at large.

that Canadian - Dick Pound.... a yhee, the same guy who says nothing when powerlifters and winter Olympic biathlon tests turn up positive in big numbers, but always has a sound bite ready when a cyclist tests positive.....

Armstrong has an ego the size of Mont Ventoux and pisses a lot of people off, no two ways about it, but that's pretty common amongst leaders in any walk of life. Churchill was an alcoholic, and is still revered as a legendary wartime leader, it's not like life's bigger achievers are any less flawed as personalities.

"As to why Armstrong to be subjected to more rigorous examination than

most, should be obvious.  He is the top icon for the sport and garners

more attention even in retirement than most other current cyclists." - this hits the nail pretty squarely on the head for me; the perception is that this guy is bigger than the sport, bigger than the TdF and all it's history. The reaction to this is almost, "how dare he".....

It all seems a little wonky to me - that one man has generated so much hate. Do we seriously believe that Delgado, Fignion, the badger where clean..... Yet nobody is trying to rubbish there legacy....

Then again, these things always polarize opinion

PPWTF2008-10-02 01:55:10

PPWTF - You don't sound awfully neutral when it comes to LA.  Obviously you have bought into some of the American propaganda related to the French.  Do you know anything about France or its people?

The only reason the French are more involved in the LA case is that l'Equipe were the first newspaper to take doping in sport seriously and devote some journalistic time to it. 

L'Equipe, a paper owned by the Tour's parent company, ASO........

Just strikes me as very odd that the return of a champion is creating such a negative vibe. Hard to picture another sport where this would happen. Even the Rock Racing '3 doping amigos' fuss has pretty much subsided.....

PPWTF2008-10-02 02:43:18

Even if LA use EPO that does not mean that he was/is a bad cyclist, come on you still need to be very good to be able to race on that level and win the Tour that many times.

I'm sure that most of these guys all use some sort of drug, mostly prescribe legal stuff and hope that they can keep up with the rest of the pro bunch, but the one in a while there is that one "good" rider that use EPO or steriods and then he wins the race.

Look at the Barloword rider that were busted but EPO I think, he never futured in the ToUR.

What this all mean is that, the french just want to break down LA ego and try and convince him to not race again, lance is still good either way, if they want to know it or Not.

None of us will use illeagal stuff now and in a years time or more compete at the top end of the bike race. You still need to be good and be right up there.

If the resluts were to be a pos, then it would be sad to see the man that always claimed to be clean, fall, but in the long run, he will still be Lance armstrong they big Texan who won the tour 7 times.

Look at all the other so called legends - we all love JAN U, he doped..

hey there Holy one - I'm repeating what I said in the other post; Why must LA be retested and not any other champions from the past?

Lance has claimed he wants to return to prove he was clean (amongst other things).  They offered to help him prove he was clean.  He left himself wide open for that one.

Ullrich, etc. isn't coming back, so not retested.

Vino wants to come back.  He might be retested.  I hope he gets retested.

There's also no point in re-testing the 60s champions, cos they openly admitted to doping.  LA was the first major champion since they started taking it serious (Festina.)  So he's going to get flack.

i wanna see him kick Contador's a s s

I will be there again in July and i will savour every second of it

Anyways, suppose they unfreeze the cyrogenically frozen lemon-lime popsicle to test it. The result wont mean diddly without the A sample as pointed out by HR